Fender Koa Strat

taez555

I was bored at work today so thought I'd surf some of the guitar sites out there and noticed that Fender now offers a Koa Stratocaster.

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0265106537

Of course, if you read a little deeper you'll see it's only a Koa top on a basswood body.

If there's a more perfect example of why we're all here, I haven't seen one.

erik

Yeah, man that is why we are here!  I checked one of those out at a local guit shop and found out that it is one of those made in Korea? "special editions".  I think the Lite Ash is from the same series.  It has the Seymour Duncans in it and it is not horrible, for the  $,  but what you can create for yourself with Warmoth stuff for a little more (or alot more, if the urge strikes) makes my heart go flutter rather than go Heh?!

guitlouie said:
...I think the Lite Ash is from the same series.  It has the Seymour Duncans in it and it is not horrible, for the  $,  but what you can create for yourself with Warmoth stuff for a little more (or alot more, if the urge strikes) makes my heart go flutter rather than go Heh?!
Swamp Ash body + Birds Eye neck + Seymour Duncans: You need a lot more than double if you go with Warmoth but you are sure about the quality and you can fine tune every detail. With Fender you don't know how many pieces the body is, if it's really lite ash, crappy electronics etc.
It's nice that there are cheap guitars on the market, you can find a good one if you try many and make some changes along the way.

Looks a really nice guitar but I've no idea why they have used a bass wood body. I'd of gone for Mahogany or have it all Koa.

Back