Fender Bass VI (30" scale, not baritone)

PitchShifter said:
What is your build brief?
You can build a Warmoth Bass VI using a modified Jazzmaster body and 28.5" neck.
If you want a direct replica Bass VI with some modifications, then you have to go with USAG, Shamray or another custom builder like Gecko ho builds Bass VI www.wizardsofaz.com/gecko/

I definitely want 30"scale for string tension and as much sustain as I can get out of it. I also want a stoptail, but I could live with the tremolo route if I had to. But I really want Humbuckers with coil tap. I never use the middle pup on a strat. I'm sure I won't on a Bass VI. I think Humbuckers will get me some deeper tones when I need it.

Thanks for the names of those custom assemblers. I may contact them.

kidgloves2 said:
I found out today that the Jaguar body style for the Fender Bass VI with 30" scale neck was larger/unique. So Warmoth would have to add that to their catalog too. I really don't see why not, USACG seems to do a lot of sales with this. And I contacted them and they don't do any mods, just recreations of the original. I want Humbuckers and a stoptail. Warmoth would probably give options.

Oh, they won't make the nut 1 3/4" either. Since the strings are so much wider, wouldn't it be more comfortable to with a wider nut? I guess that's subjective.

I might still build one with just original specs. But I would totally hold off If I got any hint from Warmoth that they would eventually add these to their catalog.  :toothy11:

...hint - 30" scale yes, strictly vintage, no.  Stay tuned!

bwbass, is that for 4 string basses only? Or for baritone/bass vi instruments too? Basically, what are the nut width options?

Thanks!

What we're tenatively calling our "Jazzmaster Bass 6" has a 30"-scale, 24 fret neck with an 1 11/16" nut width.  The body is essentially our stock Jazzmaster shape but with the upper horn extended about an inch.  You'll be able to get it top-routed with a Jazzmastery-style pickguard with an optional cutout and rout for the Jaguar 3-switch plate.  Single coils or humbuckers, or  lots more options if you go rear-routed.  Stock Jazzmaster trem is available with the bridge studs angled 1/16" for better intonation, or just about any other bridge we offer.

Oh, and we're doing it as a 4-string 34" scale bass body, too.

bwbass said:
What we're tenatively calling our "Jazzmaster Bass 6" has a 30"-scale, 24 fret neck with an 1 11/16" nut width.  The body is essentially our stock Jazzmaster shape but with the upper horn extended about an inch.  You'll be able to get it top-routed with a Jazzmastery-style pickguard with an optional cutout and rout for the Jaguar 3-switch plate.  Single coils or humbuckers, or  lots more options if you go rear-routed.  Stock Jazzmaster trem is available with the bridge studs angled 1/16" for better intonation, or just about any other bridge we offer.

Oh, and we're doing it as a 4-string 34" scale bass body, too.

You just made my day. When will this be for sale?

Also, Will fender headstock shapes be available? Could you get the license from them? If not, I'll buy the parts from you anyway. Just curious.

kidgloves2 said:
You just made my day. When will this be for sale?

Also, Will fender headstock shapes be available? Could you get the license from them? If not, I'll buy the parts from you anyway. Just curious.
Hopefully the neck and body prototypes will be ready for stringing up and testing by early next week.  If all goes well, you should start seeing these parts hitting the showcase in a couple of weeks, with regular build-to-order pages following on the website at some point after that.

While there are some familiar design elements, these parts do not retrofit any Fender instrument, and therefore won't have Fender-shaped headstocks.

Saw "It Miight Get Loud" last weekend. near the end of the movie Jimmy Page is playing one of these that has a Tele body and the jaguar style trem. very cool stuff :party07:

Brian

Just waiting on strings for the prototype:
jmb6.jpg

Any updates? I'm getting excited over here!  :glasses10:

Also, will you do custom necks with the fender headstock?

Back