Fender 2013:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Ace Flibble said:
AutoBat said:
Altar said:
Fender and Gibson could fight all day. "It was my idea first!" "That's my Headstock!" "My zebra Pickups!"

:dontknow:
Meanwhile Dimarzio somehow says "Double cream pickups are OURS!" and the world listens.
Except for all the companies that make double-cream pickups. Seymour Duncan, Fender and Gibson are the only ones I haven't seen do it, and they all offer other double 'aged white' or parchment pickups that are basically the same.

DiMarzio has cornered the double cream pickup, atleast calling them that.  Ivory, off white, aged white, yeah, it's semantics.
Only in the cases of Gibson, Fender and Seymour Duncan, as I said. Look at Bare Knuckle, they'll do you a double cream pickup, and call it that, too.

Tonar8353 said:
There are some killer deals on vintage Blackface Super Reverbs right now going anywhere from $1400.00 to $2800.00 depending on how clean and original they are.

The smaller combos like Blackface Vibrolux, Deluxe and Princeton's are still commanding top dollar but they are less  than the $3000-$3500.00 price that Jack is right on target with.

Its the super rare stuff that goes real high like this baby. I get weak in the knees looking at that thing, and extremely light headed when I see the price tag and the number of bids it has gotten already.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-1963-Pre-CBS-Fender-Vibroverb-Brown-Brownface-Guitar-Amplifier-/360556036487?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4804534309726174374%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D360556036487%26

That has serious mojo, but don't know it's 8K's worth...

Ace Flibble said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Ace Flibble said:
AutoBat said:
Altar said:
Fender and Gibson could fight all day. "It was my idea first!" "That's my Headstock!" "My zebra Pickups!"

:dontknow:
Meanwhile Dimarzio somehow says "Double cream pickups are OURS!" and the world listens.
Except for all the companies that make double-cream pickups. Seymour Duncan, Fender and Gibson are the only ones I haven't seen do it, and they all offer other double 'aged white' or parchment pickups that are basically the same.

DiMarzio has cornered the double cream pickup, atleast calling them that.  Ivory, off white, aged white, yeah, it's semantics.
Only in the cases of Gibson, Fender and Seymour Duncan, as I said. Look at Bare Knuckle, they'll do you a double cream pickup, and call it that, too.

Internationally, it's a difficult to enforce.  There's Japanese RAPs with Fender headstocks.

Back