Favorite SOLID finish to match CBS Vintage Tint maple neck?

JDLM

Howdy,

I'm looking to build another strat using this CBS large headstock maple neck that I absolutely love (see attached pictures).

I already have two sunburst, one clear and one black strats, so for this one I want a SOLID finish that is not black.

I can't find many examples of strats with these vintage tint CBS necks online. Which would be your top finish options? Which body finish do you think would look best with this neck?

Many thanks!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 8.13.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 8.13.39 PM.png
    168 KB · Views: 216
A variant of white or off white of your choice would look great.

Every man of wealth and taste has at least one white CBS style Strat to introduce himself...

Solid colors in order of popularity
Black
White
Red
Blue
Everything else more or less the same

Sort of like car colors

With the big headstock, I think either black or white looks best. Which leaves you white.

For some reason I think a larger variety of colors looks good with the older style headstock.

I would go with Reranch Coral. This is the color a vintage nitro finish Fiesta Red Strat fades to after being displayed in the store window for a few years. I know it's not a Warmoth choice but it is my favorite.

raystankewitz said:
I would go with Reranch Coral. This is the color a vintage nitro finish Fiesta Red Strat fades to after being displayed in the store window for a few years. I know it's not a Warmoth choice but it is my favorite.

Nice pull, brother. People would be surprised what throwing a body and neck onto a tanning bed accomplishes. No need for a sock.  :laughing7:

I think black offers such a classic look with that neck. Thinking to the future when the guitar is worn, black looks amazing in weathered form. And this headstock shape really looks more balanced on a strat than the smaller. 

Back