Evolution of the English language in my lifetime

Shoot ... indeed, that millenial job interview was scary accurate.  Wow.

We're going back  a way now, but I remember seeing harbingers of things to come when the fast food joints started using pictures on the cash register keys instead of numbers, and the kids having to enter in what you gave them in order to find out how much change to give back. Lose the ability to do basic functions in your head like that and you're in for a tough life.

BigSteve22 said:
fdesalvo said:
.....I'm a 40 year old man with a 1 year old and one on the way.....
Congrats Brother do you know it it's a Strat or a Tele?  :laughing7:

Lol!  Hoping for a Tele, but dont care as long as it’s healthy!

Bagman67 said:
Back up a minute, Frank -

You have another little one on the way?

Congratulations, papa!

Yes. This’ll round out the 3-piece house band I’ve been trying to put together. Someone’s gotta play drums!

Cagey said:
We're going back  a way now, but I remember seeing harbingers of things to come when the fast food joints started using pictures on the cash register keys instead of numbers, and the kids having to enter in what you gave them in order to find out how much change to give back. Lose the ability to do basic functions in your head like that and you're in for a tough life.

Ha! I hate the prospect of becoming another old guy shaking his fist at clouds, but I must agree with you on this.

Knowing how to make change has gone the way of the stick shift.

The other day I was at Papa Murphy's. My pizza came to $12 and change. I gave the cashier a twenty and three ones, thinking that rather than take all his small bills, I would instead give him some of mine, and he could give me a $10 bill in return. You would have thought I had asked him to calculate the trajectory required to send a space probe round Neptune.

He kept trying to give me my three ones back, insisting I had given him too much. I had to say "don't worry....just type in what I gave you, and all will be revealed". He did so, I got my change, and that was that. As I left he was still scratching his head.  :icon_scratch:

But....speaking of antiquated stuff....who uses cash anymore, anyway? Amiright?

Jokes on me, I guess.  :icon_jokercolor:

Also, probably, your unemployment rate is below 5%, like it is where I am.  It's getting hard to find people, and all that's left is the dregs.  It's like picking over the bargain bin at the dollar store. 

Rick said:
Also, probably, you're unemployment rate is below 5%, like it is where I am.  It's getting hard to find people, and all that's left is the dregs.  It's like picking over the bargain bin at the dollar store.

'Your'

The Aaron said:

I do!  It's accepted everywhere!  Still drive stick as well  :headbang:

Mayfly said:
The Aaron said:

I do!  It's accepted everywhere!  Still drive stick as well  :headbang:

Here in Belgium cash payments do have limitations nowadays. There's a limit on the total sum that can be paid cash (maximum 3000 Euro). Some parking meters only accept cards (even though the validity is being contested in court) and for example the restaurant in the building where I work also only allows electtronic payments. But those can be in several formats, a debet or credit card, NFC, an app that scans a QR code etc.

Back