EVH Yellow Stripe Project started.

ZGOZZ said:
Wow found were I left off. Oh My

I screwed up the neck if you look when drilling i went threw.

Question can I still us the trem if i change the neck, going from a R2 nut to R3 nut, should not be an issue?

Wow ... I just fell into a 4 1/2 year old time capsule.  :laughing7:

I really love the Black & Yellow, looks amazing  :eek:  great job.

Darm fine looking paint job Sir ZGOZZ  :icon_thumright:

Wish I could stretch out a build that far.  :icon_biggrin:

Updown said:
Wow ... I just fell into a 4 1/2 year old time capsule.  :laughing7:

I really love the Black & Yellow, looks amazing  :eek:  great job.

Darm fine looking paint job Sir ZGOZZ  :icon_thumright:

Wish I could stretch out a build that far.  :icon_biggrin:

Had no choice about waiting.
Life just got in the way, LOL.
Hopefully will be getting this puppy from 1980 to 2014 LOL

Thanks  I wounder if I should put in in for guitar of the month, when its done. :doh:

ZGOZZ said:
Thanks  I wounder if I should put in in for guitar of the month, when its done. :doh:

FWIW, my Frankenstein didn't fare too well in the voting. I think the VH thing has been done too much and comes off as cliche with this crowd. Oh well, I think that looks really nice, man. Great job!!
MULLY
it would get my vote :party07:

It's true. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. But, Strats in general have become pretty cliché. Everybody and their dog makes at least a dozen varieties of one, ranging in price from $100 to $5,000, and even the least of them are pretty nice. Plus, there are a bajillion really fancy ones. It's a great design, but it's getting nearly impossible to stand out.

Cagey said:
It's true. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. But, Strats in general have become pretty cliché. Everybody and their dog makes at least a dozen varieties of one, ranging in price from $100 to $5,000, and even the least of them are pretty nice. Plus, there are a bajillion really fancy ones. It's a great design, but it's getting nearly impossible to stand out.

Yea.  Great guitars but getting common.  I do admire the work it takes to create one yourself.  anyone taking the time to accurately tape off a replica certainly has taken their ADD meds.

EVH even his own line of striped guitars...cheap too.

Personally I think the ones my son did are best.  The first one is a book report on EVH.  The second is a cheap Uke we have.
2013-04-01162840_zps8713b4ea.jpg

30ECD939_zps4bb29909.jpg

Hey there all over now, I played the one at Sam Ash, it sounds ok.
This project has been on hold for quit some time. Due to health issues.
So this is a comeback project for me.

I have done 3 sets of guitars so far.

Back