EMG EXG pot

Doughboy

Does anyone have any experience with the EMG EXP eq tone pot?

I was thinking og having the regular master volume & tone pots & adding the EXP pot for a 3rd & unique EQ control.

I too am wondering about the EXG and SPC controls for use on passive pickups.

crash said:
I too am wondering about the EXG and SPC controls for use on passive pickups.

I taked to a tech from EMG today & it sounds mighty cool,  so I ordered one. It'll be a long  time before my build arrives & is finished, but I'll put up a review.

I have them both on my Strat with the EMG DG20 setup. They both work well. One makes the SA pups get very full like a humbucker and one makes the SA pups very very chimey and vintage sounding.

Death by Uberschall said:
I have them both on my Strat with the EMG DG20 setup. They both work well. One makes the SA pups get very full like a humbucker and one makes the SA pups very very chimey and vintage sounding.

When the EXG pot is turned off, is it completely off & doesn't affect the tone, or just by the virtue of having it, does it somewhat color the tone?

Death by Uberschall said:

I too have this thing... You will love it!

I have the SPC only, and it's not an extreme boost, but it does do a good job of kicking it up the next notch. Its more low-midrange omph/raunch than beef/fat though.

I have considered an EXG a few times but its never made it over other items when it comes to vying for the tiny slice of budget that goes to toys.

Back