Electric XII body, pickguard route

parkrider

Would like to see an Electric XII body and pickguard offered, to go with the currently available Electric XII neck. 

Something along the lines of:
https://store.factionguitars.com/products/electric-xii-guitar-routing-templates

If a dedicated Electric XII body is not possible, how about offering Electric XII pickup routes on a Jazzmaster body, and pickguard?

Since it would be under the pickguard easy enough to dremel any extra space.  On the pickguard, there are other place that can make it for you.  You can ask at you're local luthier.  There are also places online, I don't know them off the top of my head.  I think amigorobo did something like this.

Here is the Electric XII style that amigarobbo did using a split JM body.

edit: 14 Nov 2022 - link updated for new forum software.

Last edited:
Thanks rick2 and stratmania.  amigarobbo's split Jazzmaster body Electric XII style build is very nice!, and just about what I have in mind. 

amigraobbo's build looks like Electric XII pickups fit in a standard jazzmaster pickup route, so that is a great option.  Routing extra pickup space, or getting the body without pickup routes and doing the routes yourself is also an option.

Just thinking it would be nice if Electric XII pickup routes were a Warmoth option.

Yes, I think it would be a good option also. Though how much demand there may be etc I don't know, but this is usually one of the main drivers for options that Warmoth provide.

Anyway if you build a XII post some pics of your progress in Builds in Progress.  :icon_thumright:

I too would like to see a XII body and pickguard. It’s not like Fender are interested in making this guitar.

Regards

Mark

Back