Fender Electric XII

Mark

Hi

The Electric XII is a build which interests me as it’s not offered for sale by Fender.

The thing that concerns me is the body route doesn’t appear to be available, and I haven’t seen a bridge that is similar to the original Electric XII bridge.

Any thoughts on this kind of build?

Regards

Mark

Mayfly,
That's beautiful ...

I think there's build thread by Amigorobo on his 12 string adventures. I think there's a frame you can buy to put around the gotoh bridge to make it look like the orginal fender 12 bridge. You'll have to google to find it, but it's out there.

You can find the link to Amigorobbo's build in the Welcome to the Forum thread linked in my signature.

The surround you can buy to go around the Gotoh 12 string bridge is available from Faction guitars.

You can find the link to Amigorobbo's build in the Welcome to the Forum thread linked in my signature.

The surround you can buy to go around the Gotoh 12 string bridge is available from Faction guitars.

Great info thanks.

I’m amazed Fender haven’t continued making this guitar.

Regards

Mark

Mayfly,
That's beautiful ...

I think there's build thread by Amigorobo on his 12 string adventures. I think there's a frame you can buy to put around the gotoh bridge to make it look like the orginal fender 12 bridge. You'll have to google to find it, but it's out there.
I found it under

Fender XII style guitar in Burgundy Mist (definitely)​

Regards

Mark

Last edited:
'Cause I could get them :)

What brand did you use?

I have tried the original one in my Dano. The Kent Armstrong Lipstick pickups and Curtis Novak Lipstick pickups.

I found the Kent Armstrong pickups were the hottest and brightest. The Curtis Novak pickups were nicer versions of the original pickups. I had the back pickup overwound as the neck pickup is the more dominant.

I would have been tempted to try the Jazzmaster pickups in the guitar. Low wind Firebird pickups might have worked too. Mick Brierley in Australia does a good set.

Regards

Mark

Well Seymour Duncan does make a lot of pickups and he has a good reputation. I have bought Strat pickups in the past and have sold them. Though in saying that a friend has antiquity Texas Special Strat that sound good.

Regards

Mark

Well Seymour Duncan does make a lot of pickups and he has a good reputation. I have bought Strat pickups in the past and have sold them. Though in saying that a friend has antiquity Texas Special Strat that sound good.

Regards

Mark
Kosmo Submission 1.JPG
Well I am very happy with my Duncan lipsticks and many other Duncan pickups.

Great info thanks.

I’m amazed Fender haven’t continued making this guitar.

Regards

Mark

They did actually put some out in July 2019 as part of their Alternate Reality Series. Also in recent times, Fender Master Builder Carlos Lopez has made some Electric XIIs but had to create the templates and so on as they were no longer available by reverse engineering a 1966 XII.

A bit more history of Fender 12 strings.

As with all things, if the demand is not there, things get discontinued.

They did actually put some out in July 2019 as part of their Alternate Reality Series. Also in recent times, Fender Master Builder Carlos Lopez has made some Electric XIIs but had to create the templates and so on as they were no longer available by reverse engineering a 1966 XII.

A bit more history of Fender 12 strings.

As with all things, if the demand is not there, things get discontinued.
Thanks for the advice.

Regards

Mark

Back