Eggle New York hollow

I set the tuners in paralel to the sides of the headstock or perpendicular to the nut?

Attachments

• DSCN3249.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN3250.JPG
    406.7 KB · Views: 3
ramonet said:
sanding flush the two tops with the core, it's a pain!!! One question: my original plan was to dye the guitar in trans black or trans red, leaving the sides of the maple as a faux binding but this process don't give me the chance to sculpt the heel. What do you think?: double bound and no sculpt, single binding on top and scuplt the heel... Any suggestion?

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but why can't you sculpt the heel and then dye the thing?

I think you could go either way with those tuners and look good. But, being a lap steel, I think I might go perpendicular to the nut.

You don't have to commit on those until you're ready to string it. Finish everything else, then install them just enough to snug 'em up and see how it looks before you drill the anti-rotation screw/pin holes.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but why can't you sculpt the heel and then dye the thing?
[/quote]

The thing is: if I sculpt the heel the binding on the back is going to be "cut" at the union of the neck with the body

After the two comisioned la steels I'm back to this projects. Some parts of the maple top are not cuted flush to the mahogany core; my band saw is waiting for a new saw so I must go by hand, and the parts lef are the most tricky!!!

Attachments

• DSCN3292.JPG
    543 KB · Views: 6
Sanding all the contour. I don't use templates and a ruter to do the contours so I must go throug a lot of sand papers

Attachments

• DSCN3297.JPG
    521.8 KB · Views: 7
It seems a guitar!!! The job for tomorrow: put the bridge in position and route the bridge pickup; maybe I try some colours on a scrap piece, I'm thinking in an aquamarine finish, maybe trans black (difficult) or trans red.

Attachments

• DSCN3299.JPG
    583.4 KB · Views: 36
Sand the excess of the grainfiller and reverse the masking of the binding  to put some clear over it, to avoid the dye go there. After the clear, I'm going to mask the binding to be sure that the dye don't go there

Attachments

• DSCN3310.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 2
Inside recess for the tone pot and the switch; the vol pot has a long shaft, it's not necessary the recess

Attachments

• DSCN3311.JPG
    385.6 KB · Views: 3
She's in colour!!! In the pic it's more green than actually; in fact, it's more aquamarine. After this I'm going to remove the binding, round the edges (carefully) and go for the clear coats

Attachments

• DSCN3314.JPG
    640.8 KB · Views: 15
Back