Earthquake

line6man

Epic Member
So did anyone feel the earthquake in southern California at 8:39pm tonight?

I was just getting out of the shower and i went to close the shower door when i felt the ground shift side to side violently for a few seconds. I want to say that it felt like the ground was shifting about 2 inches back and forth, but that's probably an exageration of how much it actually moved.

I felt a little bit of rumbling while i was showering, which i though was odd, but i figured it was the water hitting the glass door or something.

Anyone else feel it?

I'm in Calabasas, 20 something miles north of the quake.  Maybe 1 or 2 seconds of shaking.

I was outside when it happened (Fullerton).  I heard a weird noise and I thought there was a cat running along the top of the garage door, I saw the shelves by the back door rocking, then I felt a jolt and a shake for about 3 seconds.  It was weird, I don't think I've ever been outside during an earthquake before.  I prefer it to being inside. 

Only earthquake I ever felt was back in early January, I was in Redlands, epicenter was San Bernadino I think? As an east-coaster, it was a very confusing experience.

I have a friend who grew up in Texas who freaks out when there is an earthquake.  Her hometown in Texas had a couple of huge tornadoes that leveled houses and even a whole strip mall, and yet she thinks earthquakes are scarier.  Even in the Northridge quake we didn't have anywhere near the same amount of deaths as there are during an average tornado season or hurricane season.  I guess it's just what you're used to. 

Back