Dual F-Holes!

tres country, sort of.
it's definitely unique.
i like it muy much.

but as a vanity project at some point in the future.

Absolutely stunning flame maple, and I like dual F holes, but F holes do NOT look "right" on a Strat. Just MHO...  That being said, how much ya want for it?  :)
BB in SC

If it was a little more in the bottom of the body, I would find it nice... but the controls would be compromised...

Attachments

• Warmoth Strat Double F-Hole.JPG
    Warmoth Strat Double F-Hole.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 446
Yea, the F holes look a bit high, but then again, there's nothing on the body, after it's together I'm sure it will be beautiful. Other than that...Stunning!

Bill in SC said:
It's growing on me. Is it "hollow" or chambered?
Yes, both.  It's called a Hollow Strat and it full of small chambers. They are not the large "Thinline" chambers.

If it was done up as a thinline, no back cover panel... all controls passed thru the f/hole, then I'd be rather impressed.

OK, here's another new one going up today....how about this?  Dig the Vintage Tint Natural Masked Binding! Ooh la la!

Gregg Stewart said:
OK, here's another new one going up today....how about this?  Dig the Vintage Tint Natural Masked Binding! Ooh la la!
I dig that, looks very nice.

Since you have some standards for the showcase items, I would like to see dual f-holes for all L5 bodies.

For some reason, I just don't dig F-holes on Strats....just me.  That second one is a true show-stopper!

Gregg Stewart said:

To be fair I don't like the Bengal burst  :tard:
But this natural binding with all red of that Bengal would look as sexy as it could be!

1. I wouldn't buy an f-hole strat but kudos for producing something new, make 20 and see if people buy them?
2. Bengal Burst and that kind of huge quilt just isn't my thing personally. I thought you guys couldn't bind a strat with a forearm contour?

tfarny said:
1. I wouldn't buy an f-hole strat but kudos for producing something new, make 20 and see if people buy them?
2. Bengal Burst and that kind of huge quilt just isn't my thing personally. I thought you guys couldn't bind a strat with a forearm contour?

1. People buy them already. We just haven't had them on the Showcase for awhile so we made some.
2. We can bind a Strat and JBass body drop top style with conventional material:
http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_guitar_binding.cfm?fuseaction=strat
But you are seeing the first natural mask binding that we're trying out with that Bengal Burst.

Back