Driving Back Home - A Jazz Rock / Fusion Instrumental

wolbai

Hi folks,

I wanted to write a new song with a bit more tonal complexity. I think the tune has gotten some Jazz Rock / Fusion vibe.
If you want to go grazy: Have a closer look to the attached chord progression  :icon_biggrin:

I indulged that genre with passion in the 70s as a bass player.

During the song writing, I remind me of the album "Letter From Home" from the Pat Metheny Group. Very nice and melodic.

Here is the audio-Link:

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/wolbai-music/driving-back-home[/soundcloud]

Here is the YouTube-Link:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH76NwgfmVw[/youtube]

Take care! - wolbai :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• Driving Back Home - Akkordprogression.pdf
    198.1 KB · Views: 117
That's good playing. Up to your normal technical level, for sure. Each progression hands you into the next. Pleasant and interesting.  :icon_thumright:

Thank you for listening and your active Feedback - I appreciate that :icon_thumright:

Being honest: I can think of an even more sophisticated song arrangement, which reflects the "Jazz Rock / Fusion" 70s genre even better, with a good E-Piano player.

I can think of a solo E-Piano in the 3rd strophe (after the first chorus) and more E-Piano in the Intros (1+2) as well.

My personel key-skills are limited,. May be, I can encourage an E-Piano player in the future to start another Take for that songs which I realy like ...

Really nice production.  Really like the subtleness of the layering.  Fantastic playing and composition.

Hey - Thanks again :icon_thumright:

I know, this instrumental is pretty different to my new vocal song. The common thing is my passion & love for music I guess.

Feedbacks like yours keeps me motivated to publish some tunes from time to time  :icon_thumright:

I'm slowly making my way through the songs in this sub-forum; not a bad one yet. Your lead tone is exceptional IMO; just the right amount of juicyness without going flubby. I listened to a lot of fusion in the 70s but not so much since then; it's nice to hear this.

That's great, I can imagine this as a Spyro Gira tune.  (Jazz Fusion from Buffalo, NY)

Your comparison to Spyro Gyra makes my day :icon_thumright:  That was (is ?) a great Jazz Fusion Band.

I have 3 albums from them: Rites Of Summer, Got The Magic, Original Cinema.

I've heard a lot of this genre from the mid 70s to end of 80s.

Back