Dream guitars

Just thought this would be a cool idea but what are your guys's dream guitars that you havent gotten around to making yet?

Heres mine:

Burst_E.png

Specs:
Basswood Body w/Quilted Maple Top.  Tobacco Burst finish.  Ibanez RG heel countour
Birdseye Maple neck and fretboard.  22 medium frets.  12" radius.  ESP Kamikaze reverse headstock.  Tobacco burst finish with maple quilt vaneer.  truss rod wheel (not shown)
DiMarzio Air Norton (N)
DiMarzio Tone Zone - F Spaced (B)
Chrome Non-Recessed Original Floyd Rose
1 Volume
3-Way Toggle switch

Tri-ryche_Red_B_UPDATED.png

Alder body with custom graphic
maple/ebony neck with reverse ESP headstock
2 single coil EMG pickups (N & M)
SD 59 (B)
Original recessed black floyd rose
5-way strat switch

Haha, got one completely planned out, all but body shape

Body: hollow, 1/4" thick top, back, and sides (carved) of Black Korina; 3" wide block of ebony inside from bridge to endpin. 2" deep. Direct-coupling neck joint (see Ed Roman's site); Fat neck profile; Brazilian rosewood neck and board; small, 3-per-side straight-string-pull headstock. P90s in bridge and neck positions.
Other details keep going in and out of favor.

$$$$$

A carved top warmoth L5s (I wish these existed). Rosewood/ebony gibson style neck, ebony peghead veneer, MOP diamonds 12th fret only. Hollow black korina body, flame maple w/ tobacco burst and f holes. dogear P90s, gold hardware (TOM and archtop tailpiece). Word.

This will be my next project!
Hollow Black Korina Strat with Brazilian RW top, all with a clear finish
Ziricote/Ziricote Neck.. with some headstock veneer if at all possible
not sure about the pickups.. probably either a Rio Grande Punch/Crunchbox set, or maybe some fat bastards if I want to go the P90 route.

May take a while... before I can afford the upcharge for extra figured Brazilian Rosewood!

BrazilianStrat-1.jpg

Don't be afraid to order P90 routes and BluesBars, we can start a whole new thread here about the superiority of mounting PUs DIRECTLY to the body....

Hey man! And the strips alike neck-thru-body?
You would like this redish color? Even Brazillian Rosewood is hard to find in this color in rosewood family... I saw Red Rosewood from India or some other country... but it was plain figuring... Perhaps Bloodwood or Bubinga will give you that redish...

Jack:
You can mount the p.u. directly to the body and put the mounting cover just to give the 'visual'...  :icon_biggrin:

Yes, I know it will be hard to get this kind of red BR, but I love it..
BUT... under wood descriptions it says:

Brazilian Rosewood color variations are extensive running from predominately light brown to very dark and even orange colors. Our stock runs the full color spectrum and includes both flat and quartersawn cuts. If you have a specific color or cut preference, please check with us for pricing and availability.
Gregg, is this still the case?

oh nonsense, I don't really want the strip. It was just the only way I could fit the picture of the wood in, which btw I stole from a Tacoma accoustic on the Ed R***n website.
Brazilian%20Rosewood.JPG

Binding.JPG

black korina G4 bass body stained dark blue.
ebony on wenge warhead neck (1.5 inch nut)
sd or emg passive  mm and j pickups,  the mm will be wired to a 5 way rotary or a super switch.
that will be wired to a pan, then master volume, then a 6 way varitone switch.

hipshot
http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=93
http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&relate=1&p=54
http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=259

ss frets, and abolone inlay.  i want to have inserts put in the neck, like skuttlefunk's, then bolt it on with counter sunk bolts,  and maybe even carve the heal, or ask if W can do it custom.

This guitar with a single coil sized (blade) humbucker in the neck position:

n789630440_740262_8187.jpg

Thai Boxer 9901 said:
Just thought this would be a cool idea but what are your guys's dream guitars that you havent gotten around to making yet?

Heres mine:

Burst_E.png

Specs:
Basswood Body w/Quilted Maple Top.  Tobacco Burst finish.  Ibanez RG heel countour
Birdseye Maple neck and fretboard.  22 medium frets.  12" radius.  ESP Kamikaze reverse headstock.  Tobacco burst finish with maple quilt vaneer.  truss rod wheel (not shown)
DiMarzio Air Norton (N)
1 Volume
3-Way Toggle switch

SD 59 (B)
5-way strat switch

What kind of software are you using to create those guitars?  If any...

M4rk0:
I think that this guitar had a paint in the rosewood... think is different from know  :icon_biggrin: By the color of the figurated veins... or cocobolo, that has something alike it... or just redish rosewood  :laughing3:

TexxasJam said:
Thai Boxer 9901 said:

Heres mine:

Burst_E.png

Specs:
DiMarzio Air Norton (N)
1 Volume
3-Way Toggle switch

SD 59 (B)
5-way strat switch

What kind of software are you using to create those guitars?   If any...

Paint shop pro 8 and lots of patience lol

My ideas for my next dream guitar change alot but right now I'm thinking

Flat top soloist body with comfort contours black korina body tung oil finnish minwax brand

CBS neck with either a 1-11/16 nut with or 1-3/4 with wizard profile 24 fretts, jumbo stainless steel frets

birds eye maple neck tung oil finnish with pau ferro board abilone inlays. Sperzal locking tuners the kind with different peg heights so you don't need a string retainer

6 screw vintage trem.

just a bridge pickup seymour duncan TB-6 its a trembucker duncan distortion and a volume knob only.

Sounds like a charvel eh? maybe I would angle the bridge pickup.

Just ordered parts for next dream build, will be my '54 Gold Top "Fenson"; mahogany Tele body with a maple top and cream binding, Gotoh 510 wraparound bridge, LP rear route (toggle in upper "horn" on Tele body, V-V-T-T controls in cavity) Rio Grande JazzBar/BluesBar cream P90s PUs, mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard, trapezoid inlays, Gibson 6130 frets and Corian nut, Kluson tuners.

Going to use ReRanch repro Gibson "Gold Top Gold" for the top, and try to match the mahogany neck/back finish as closely as possible to the '54 Gibson: http://www.provide.net/~cfh/lpgold0.html, but if the mahogany neck/back woods don't match close enough, I might have to go a little darker to get them evened up.....

When I finally get some bills paid off...  :dontknow:

...I'm gonna order my dream guitar from here!

VIP Extra Light Black Korina Body with black-red-yellow burst (natural masked binding)/Gloss black back - Wilkerson Trem rout.
Warmoth "Pro" 25 1/2" neck with Warmoth headstock - Bubinga wood with Pau Ferro Fret board (Unfinished) - no inlays - SS 6115 frets - Graphtec Nut.
Chrome Wilkerson Trem, knobs (Vol and Tone), PU switch (3 way), Neck plate, and Planet Waves Tuners.  Also Chrome accent plates for the Pickup rings.
Seymour Duncan '59 Model (neck) and Custom 5 (bridge), both 4 wire, each can be coil tapped via push-pull pots (Vol for the Bridge, Tone for the Neck).  Still debating if I want to add a Parallel / Serial toggle or not...

...and that would be my first dream guitar.

Back