Dream Guitar

Wrangler

Hey guys, im new here

but anyways . . .

I've been looking into buying a warmoth carved soloist mahogany over flamed maple body with either a wenge neck with braz. fingerboard or birdseye with braz. fingerboard and was wondering what you guys think about the sound. Im after a rock guitar that will clean up nice and give me lespaul crunch and fender sparkle. Im thinkin a wilkinson trem and Bare Knuckle pickups. Let me hear your guys suggestions about wood, tone and everything else.

And dont forget finish!! I'm drawn to the blackdye but i want some other suggestions for overall finish, headstock, etc. I want to hear about past experiences and all the good stuff. Dont let me limit you guys on the finish.

Thanks  :rock-on:

Mahogany on Maple  ???

Try the other way around  :icon_thumright:

If you want both Gibson and Fender sounds, try a H/S/H route with coil taps on the humbuckers.

Trans red on all mahogany looks great on SG's, and it may work on the soloist.

I love the  black dyed top on maple with a black back.  Regardless of if the neck is maple or wenge, I'd get the headstock painted black to match the back of the guitar.  Here's why.  With a flame/quilted maple venere on the headstock, I think it looks funny.  If the neck is maple, and with a clear finish, the venere does not match the clear back of the headstock and looks funny.  On wenge, it doesn't require a finish, so a maple venere would look really funny contrasted to the wenge.  If the guitar neck is painted black, the venere looks fine, but why would you want to cover up the beautiful wenge or maple neck.  On Les Pauls, or most Gibsons, regardless of the body color, the headstocks are black and they look fine.

Thanks super turbo  :cool01:

But now the tough part:
          Birds or Wenge :icon_scratch:

Hmmmm . . .

Back