Double Whammy

Pelagaard

So, on Friday I placed an order for a top routed, swamp ash Jazzmaster with a Standard Jazzmaster neck pup, and a Tele bridge/bridge pup ($65 in total for the upcharge).  Gonna do either slightly tinted clear or possibly a brownish dye/stain.

Then, on Sunday while I was killing time before a movie, I spotted a Gecko Wide 5 at the local GC at a reasonable price.  I gave it a whirl, and decided that, despite needing some TLC, it was too good of a deal to pass up. So this morning, I put my 5-string that I was meaning to replace anyway into the car and traded it in towards the Gecko.  30min later I walked out the door with a Gecko bass (with a Gecko hardcase) for about the cost of the neck new...  I'll get better pics later, but here she is.

Attachments

• WP_20151123_001.jpg
    WP_20151123_001.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 649
Nice Score!!!

The Gecko's just don't get the love they deserve, would love to see them get a more solid footing in the marketplace.

Quantum View UPS says the body and pickguard are ready to ship.  I should probably commit to a neck soon...

Really leaning towards this one.  Paired with a natural Swamp Ash body and tortoiseshell pickguard.
SN18164A.jpg

So, this was waiting for me when I got to work last night...  I'll be doing the same finish as the Gecko.

Attachments

• IMAG00102.jpg
    IMAG00102.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 470
  • IMAG00104.jpg
    IMAG00104.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 462
  • IMAG00106.jpg
    IMAG00106.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 452
  • IMAG00107.jpg
    IMAG00107.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 449
  • IMAG00109.jpg
    IMAG00109.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 473
I pulled the trigger on that neck this afternoon.  Went with SS6150 frets, a black graph tech nut, and Schaller tuner ream.  All that's left to order are the pickups, tuners, and bridge, but those will have to wait until after the holidays.

Recently picked out an all Rosewood neck of my own from the showcase, just couldn't pass it up.  Was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and I found the color a bit darker than what the photo's had shown!  Now I gotta redo my reso-tele build and then create another tele with my existing Maple neck.

line6man said:
Thought this was going to be a double whammy bar build.  :doh:
steve-vai-211.jpg

Hahahah!!! Is that really one of Vais guitars?

I noticed a couple of things; the intonation looks really weird, the two middle saddles are way back...
And also the thin strings are REALLY close to the edge of the fretboard, the strings would slide off all the time...

Back