Double sided guitar?

line6man

Epic Member
I just saw this advertisement flash by on TalkBass...

http://www.by45.com/

Um. WTF?

The website doesn't seem very descriptive.
That "I wanna play the real thing" flash is hilarious.
Look at the shape of the neck... can't possibly be comfortable could it?
Surely they can't be serious about this?

The 5th guitar in the picture next to the flash video looks suspiciously green-screened?

bpmorton777 said:
that has to be one of the most retarded guitar ideas ever. :help:

Brian

Yep.

Has to be a joke or something, but then why would this guy be paying big money to get his ads on TalkBass?

I'm willing to bet it's not a joke, and that more than one person (some would say fool) has bought one of these things.

Neck profile: Extra Slinky! Pronounced "U" shaped with a 12" radius on the bottom. Presence of guitar strings at tension rubbing against your palm contributes to a truly unique feel.

dbw said:
Yet another creative solution to a problem that didn't exist.
I mean...lots of artists switch between guitar and bass.....during songs.....really.... :laughing7:

Well, its definitely unique.

Found this.  Looks like its somewhat for real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWPw9DtosmQ

Blue313 said:
Found this.  Looks like its somewhat for real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWPw9DtosmQ

Another thing I just noticed...
Why is the output jack on the top of the instrument for whichever side you are playing?
It would make more sense to switch the two jacks around so that the cable will exit from the bottom of the instrument.

Also, the knobs are in a terrible place. I'm pretty sure they would rub up against you and turn themselves while you are playing.
They should have at least been recessed in or something.

sounds like it's out of tune or has bad intonation on the guitar side....I think the output jack is on the same side as the cotrols (top) .

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
I think the output jack is on the same side as the cotrols (top) .

It has two output jacks, one at the top and one at the bottom.
But the way they wired it up, whichever side you are playing uses the output jack on the top.

When he switches from bass to guitar, you can see him unplug from the top jack and then plug into the bottom jack, then when he flips it over, that bottom jack becomes the top jack.

In either case, I don't think plugging a bass and a guitar into the same gear and switching jacks would be a smart thing to do.
Realistically, you would want separate rigs for both outputs, and a selector switch to activate each output.

I have a feeling that if you played both output jacks, both sides would be active at the same time unless you rolled off the volume on the unused side.

I think it would be cool to use mercury tilt switches to select which output is active based on which side you are playing. That would be cool!

Who cares about all that, that's got to be the most uncomfortable neck ever - like a square neck dobro with bass strings on the bottom side!
\
Makes a double necked SG look like a masterwork of art by comparison.

Back