Double Neck Bass and Six

Yes, engineered hickory. The last of the carpet is gone from the house! I have been putting installation off for a very long time. Carpet traps so much dirt just outright nasty.

Looks great (The guitar and the floor)!

We got rid of the last of our carpet earlier this year as well, we are all wood and tile now with big rugs in the living spaces. A little more stressful with a toddler running around, but so nice. Much easier to keep clean and everybody sneezes less.

Just a note I forgot to mention about the Babicz and the Schaller bridges. I had issues intonating the low E strings on both. I was running out of adjustment space. (I did try a couple new strings same gauge and brand) What helped was insuring necks were dead flat, very slightly filing the nuts changing the "break over" angle just a hair. The design of bridge saddles especially on the Babicz creates a larger surface area for the strings, I needed to lightly push and "bend" strings over the radius of the saddles (for lack of better words).

-VB- said:
Looks great (The guitar and the floor)!

We got rid of the last of our carpet earlier this year as well, we are all wood and tile now with big rugs in the living spaces. A little more stressful with a toddler running around, but so nice. Much easier to keep clean and everybody sneezes less.
.          Thanks! Wife is really happy now. I might get to work on building and planning a greenboy fearlful bass cab next  :blob7:

Looks great!

Hmmm... so if I promise a new floor I might get another build past my wife?

4Stringenator said:
Just a note I forgot to mention about the Babicz and the Schaller bridges. I had issues intonating the low E strings on both....
I had the same problem with the Babicz bridge on my Tele. Had to replace the springs with shorter versions to get the low E where it should be.

And BTW, KILLER axe! (And the floor ain't too shabby neither!)

Thanx @BigSteve22! Double the fun! I guess the floor should be considered boutique along with the Warmoth!  :headbang1:

I love this build.  The purpleness is fantastic.  The maple necks with the black binding and blocks are perfection.  The black hardware.

If I might, try these on for size.  https://www.johnpageguitars.com/jp-custom-domed-skirt-knobs-black-chrome-set-of-4

4-black-em_1.jpg

Thanx! The purple really turned out nice. I used Transtint purple cut with a little denatured ethanol. Used an airbrush to apply liberally saturating the surface. The body is alder and took a gamble on it's stainability.
Those knobs look pretty cool may have to look into those!

Attachments

• 0104191300_crop_465x800.jpg
    0104191300_crop_465x800.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 3
Back