Don't do Mushrooms!

When I was in college, like twenty years ago, I did a lot of mushrooms, and the worst thing I ever did while on them was lie on the floor and listen to Skinny Puppy really loud.

BigBeard said:
Anyway yeah I think we should have legal marijuana and mushrooms, they are plants.

Nonsense! Mushrooms are Fungi.
Were you out of class getting high in the bathrooms the day they taught scientific classification in elementary school?
:icon_jokercolor:
(I'm kidding, don't take offense.)

line6man said:
BigBeard said:
Anyway yeah I think we should have legal marijuana and mushrooms, they are plants.

Nonsense! Mushrooms are Fungi.
Were you out of class getting high in the bathrooms the day they taught scientific classification in elementary school?
(I'm kidding, don't take offense.)

Um you are right l6m........

Psilocybe cubensis   is the scientific name for what most people refer to as your standard magic mushroom.  cannabis sativia  or cannabis indica is the reefer  What those names mean scientifically is beyond me.

And yes I was cutting class toking when we were learning this stuff.  :laughing7:

So I will clarify my previous statement:  "Anyway yeah I think we should have legal marijuana and mushrooms, they grow from the ground..."

BigBeard said:
And yes I was cutting class toking when we were learning this stuff.   :laughing7:

How about high school chemistry?
Were you there early every day, eager to learn everything you could about cooking meth?

line6man said:
BigBeard said:
And yes I was cutting class toking when we were learning this stuff.   :laughing7:

How about high school chemistry?
Were you there early every day, eager to learn everything you could about cooking meth?

Nope never took chemistry, just so I would not know how to cook meth!!!!

I used to brew my own beer, does that count?

Wow. One guy eats mushrooms and kills someone in a fight. Thank god mushrooms are illegal because I'm guessing nobody has ever drunk alcohol and killed somebody.  :icon_scratch:

Panthur said:
Wow. One guy eats mushrooms and kills someone in a fight. Thank god mushrooms are illegal because I'm guessing nobody has ever drunk alcohol and killed somebody.  :icon_scratch:

there's this thing, people call it drunk driving. it leads to more deaths than 'shroom induced exorcisms.

Panthur said:

People don't rip hearts out because of alcohol.

OTOH, people don't rip hearts out because of mushrooms either. :dontknow:

People do bad things when they're drunk and use the drinking as an excuse all the time too.  I've been drunk a number of times, very very drunk a few of those times, but I never did anything that would cause someone else to die, and I never would do anything like that, because unlike what people say, alcohol does not "turn you into a different person".  If you're a terrible person inside, it just causes it to come out.  I can't say if it is the same for every drug out there, but no matter how drunk I am, I can still stop and think about what I am about to do and tell if it is right or wrong.

This guy was on mushrooms, but he was also probably on steroids, and he was probably an aggressive dick to begin with.  He is completely at fault. 

hannaugh said:
People do bad things when they're drunk and use the drinking as an excuse all the time too.  I've been drunk a number of times, very very drunk a few of those times, but I never did anything that would cause someone else to die, and I never would do anything like that, because unlike what people say, alcohol does not "turn you into a different person".  If you're a terrible person inside, it just causes it to come out.  I can't say if it is the same for every drug out there, but no matter how drunk I am, I can still stop and think about what I am about to do and tell if it is right or wrong.

This guy was on mushrooms, but he was also probably on steroids, and he was probably an aggressive dick to begin with.  He is completely at fault. 

Some people are just bad drunks. They can be the nicest people in the world but get them loaded and their personality does change. It's isn't like that with everyone, but I've seen it enough times. Just because on the few times you've been drunk you felt in control, it's not like that for every person. When alcohol starts shutting down the higher brain functions, different people react differently. Some people are really good at "maintaining" as we used to call it. Others are not.

You can have a complete loss of ego  - - basically forgetting who you "are" and what is going on - when you take very high doses of psychedelics. Without someone to guide you, and remind you that you're on a drug, it's very possibly to lose all touch with reality and bad things can happen. I really feel bad for both people involved. I can't make assumptions for what the guy who killed the other person is like - but my guess is he didn't really want to kill the other person in his normal mental state - whatever that's like. He probably really believed that the other dude was possessed or whatever it was. Probably not the sharpest tool in the shed and messing around with powerful psychedelics is not for the faint of heart and weak minded.

I'm just saying, from my experience, you may do things when you're drunk that you might not do when you're sober, but you never do anything that you're not capable of doing in any state.  My dad is in prison for killing someone when he was drunk.  The alcohol didn't kill the guy, he did.  

line6man said:
GoDrex said:
line6man said:
How about Jaco?

The man went fricking nuts on alcohol.  :sad:
well he was also bi-polar

The man in the article obviously must be mentally ill to some degree when he's clean and sober as well.

he probably was -- but let's not forget - - drinking heavily is not in the same ballpark as a heavy dose of psychedelics. It basically is like being temporarily insane. I've had experiences where I forgot my name, where I was was and what I was doing for brief periods - while seconds before I felt relatively fine. I once experienced watching and listening to my band playing as if i was not involved at all and yet I was playing guitar at the time.

I also don't believe in the supernatural so those kinds of thoughts would never enter my mind. But I could certainly imagine a situation where someone who believed in such things could start to believe that supernatural events were actually occuring

Alcohol causes one to lose their inhibitions (you know, that "mindset" we use to keep ourselves and our emotions under control).

Sure, a typical schmoe may be really cool and nice and friendly sans alcohol, and then become a gigantic ass with alcohol.

But in reality, even without alcohol, said schmoe deep down is still a gigantic ass, he's just hiding it well (again, inhibitions).

Alcohol = truth serum.  I've always said if you really want to know what a person is like, ply 'em with alcohol.  :toothy12:

Superlizard said:
Sure, a typical schmoe may be really cool and nice and friendly sans alcohol, and then become a gigantic ass with alcohol.

28706_132621306753646_118330578182719_390126_1073503_n.jpg

:laughing7:

ErogenousJones said:
line6man said:
Superlizard said:

28706_132621306753646_118330578182719_390126_1073503_n.jpg

:laughing7:

That joke may be in poor taste, but it's still pretty funny.  :laughing7:

An alcoholic beating his wife and kids is nothing to laugh about, but after seeing all those damn Dos Equis commercials, I thought that picture was hilarious. :blob7:

Back