does Warmoth make P/J bass bodies?

Marshall Law

Hey everyone, i'm new here. I think i'm going to tackle my first guitar build this summer, and i figured this forum would be helpful.

Anyway - I've seen some pics of basses built with Warmoth bodies that were routed for P and J pickups (like the pic below). Does Warmoth make these regularly, or are they custom jobs?
Fender_Precision_Bass_Delux.jpg

Thanks.

If u want that you can just order a p-bass body routed with with any dang pickup arrangement you want, whether it's p+j or a double humbucker or whatever. Warmoth is cool like that.

and actually you might be able to find a PJ body in their in stock items, already routed. if not they'll route whatever they have in stock for you, whatever pickups you'd like, no extra cost.

cool, thanks guys. i didnt know they did additional routing at no additional cost. that's awesome. the more i find out about Warmoth, the more i like them.

From the 'screamin deals' section, extra J bridge rout no charge.

Welcome to the cult, there is no escape.  :help: :help:

I think P/J refers to the pickup combo.  As far as I know, there is no P/J body.  Most of the P/J pickuped offering from Fenders are P Bass bodies with J Bass necks.  The Duff McKagan sig bass is a repro of an 80s Jazz Bass (which is confusing because it's a P-Bass body) with P/J pickups.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The Duff McKagan sig bass is a repro of an 80s Jazz Bass (which is confusing because it's a P-Bass body) with P/J pickups.

I love that bass! <3<3<3  I used to own a couple of the original ones, and they were dirt cheap back in the early 90s.  Simply a solid, rocking instrument.

-Mark

tfarny said:
I thought the 'pj' formula was always a J neck, P body, and both pups.

it is. ...i believe? thats what i always thought, but i'm no bass player, so don't take my word on anything.

but i just mean before that if he finds a P Bass body he can have a J pickup routed in, no problem.

tfarny said:
From the 'screamin deals' section, extra J bridge rout no charge.

Welcome to the cult, there is no escape.  :help: :help:

Amen, P/J is the true way! Welcome

If you go off into a tangent where you just have to have your pickups in a special location, there is an upcharge to move them - but Warmoth has "templates" programmed into the CNC machines for most normal ideas.

Back