Does anyone know of a build with a) 24 ' scale mustang neck on a 7/8 strat body?

tonejunkie

I am looking to build a small scale strat project.  I like the 24" scale Mustang neck and the 7/8 scale strat body, but I am not sure if the two will fit together very well re: intonation, bridge location, etc.  If anyone has seen, heard of, or tried this themselves I'd love to hear their thoughts and/or experience.  Thanks!

Yes, it works as a matter of fact. You have to order the neck without the neck mounting holes drilled since they are a bit different, then drill them yourself.

Thanks for the quick reply Gregg.  Another question, though.  Does the layout of the pickups and the bridge have to be adjusted for this combo?

tonejunkie said:
Thanks for the quick reply Gregg.  Another question, though.  Does the layout of the pickups and the bridge have to be adjusted for this combo?
Nope.

Gregg- Does this combo work with a hardtail bridge only, or do you mean the standard Warmoth whammy slot location works too? Uh-oh... time to check the penny jar.... :toothy11:

Back