Does anyone have a flake Warmoth? Pics please!

keepinitfunky

Hey everyone,

So I'm thinking about ordering a green flake J bass body, but I'm wondering if anyone has pics of a flake guitar or bass they could post... I wanted to see more pics of the flake finishes painted BY WARMOTH so I get a clearer idea of what their finishes look like in real life! Thanks everyone!

If you go to the finishing section on warmoth's website, they have short vids showing off their flake finishes, I believe...

Or you could check the Gallery either on Warmoth's site, or this Unofficial board, I'm sure there's at least one or two in there with flake finishes.

RLW said:
This place is full of Warmoth flakes...
clap.gif

Based on the video clips I think they look damn good. I'm actually planning to do one one of these days (all my plans have changed).

I like this guys stuff to, his flake jobs are simply spectacular..His name is Tony DeLacugo..
3dbf_12.JPG

try your own...I did this one for less than $25 in materials...turned out great!!!
DSC02379.jpg

not a real good one...here are 2 from start to finish...  It needs to be buffed a little more..my son was rushing me and it should have been hit with some 2000 grit. 

I am really surprised on how it turned out.  The vintage Peavey (made in USA) pickups really sound nice.  The Kahler stays in tune really well, and my faux ebony fingerboard (sons request) looks good.  Total cost was about $175...$50 of that was a new pearloid pickguard!!!  It has become a nice travel axe!!!

finish was some leftover over Stewmac sanding sealer, 1 can of rattle can metallic gold, 2 cans of spray glitter, and 3 cans of deft.

Back