Doc Walker

vanhagar

hey guys, I saw Doc Walker last night and they did an awesome job! I'm not even a country music fan, It was a small show. I mean the place was packed, but it only holds apprx 900 people! If you get the chance to see them make sure you do! :guitarplayer2:

Seen them several times, and know one of the guys quite well!
Well, he used to play with them, not sure if he still does, he moved to Nashville a while back and am not sure of his status with the band. But he is a fantastic player.

*EDIT* I just checked the site, it seems he is still with the band! I know Murray Pulver (the blond with long hair).
He also played guitar and was the main singer for a funk band I loved to death, who played around the city. Check them out here
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=57164202

I'll check that out, They did a couple really cool rock medley's too and a begees tune! Steve the drummer sang that one, Man can he hit the high notes!!! it was a blast! OH, and their version of Kiss's "I was made for lovin you" was great !

Hey ! I checked them out, Great music, I found the link to purchase their cd and will do that before the end of the day! Thanks again man!  :headbang:

No problem - I try to promote the band as much as I can.
They don't play anymore, but I love their music and generally find that most people I recommend them too like them as well. Now that their CD is available online I am trying to spread the word again  :icon_biggrin:
The bassist and drummer for the band also play for my poppa.

Where are you from, BTW?
Just curious to how far the reach of Doc Walker is getting...

I'm in New Brunswick, Canada. They have been down here on the east coast several times I'm sure, but never in Fredericton, Another Canadian band that was here this year was Emerson Drive, They put on a really great show too, It's funny though you see these bands with lots of air time on CMT and when they come around they don't draw a  big crowd!! The Emerson Drive show was in a tent in downtown Fredericton and no lie man there was maybe 200 people there ! Great for me getting close was no problem. Some day my wife wants to go to wherever the big country fest is out west and spend the week there. Is it Calgary?

Paul.

Ahh, I thought maybe you were from the states, and I was surprised that you have heard of them.

You are most likely thinking of Dauphin Country Fest. Dauphin is like...4 hours from Winnipeg. And if you have the chance to go, I highly recommend it.

Thanks! I'll check it out. You would be surprised how many people here that don't know who they are, I work in a company with 80 people and nobody here knows who they are!! Shocking!!! Must be living with their heads up their ass ! :laughing7:

Back