Do you think???dot

bujanda

So, I have a strat, but have always like the look of the LPS (doulbe cut). I am trying to figure out what to do for my first build. I have a solid strat, and have a epiphone dot deluxe(Bought it to say hey I have a cool looking guitar still not a es thought). So I have played both types of bridges, I like the strat hardtail more than the TOM type my opinion( i realize I can put a hardtail strat bridge on a lps body). However, the mahagony does in fact have a warmer tone. I have played many Les Pauls and that is what I notice the most.
So, I have been looking at the mahagony chambered strat with f-hole with a mahagony neck, and a LPS(flat top) mahagony and mahagony neck(p-90s). In y'alls opinion do you think that the strat will sound similiar being mahagony and chambered as the LPS body. There is just so many options with pickguard configurations on a strat top rout. I mainly play hard rockin blues to classic rock stuff.
Even though the chambered body is expensive it is less expensive then doin up a LPS. Just more options out there!

Thanks for any opinions
Man this is an addictive hobby we all have!

I'm assuming that they are both Warmoth builds: the same body and neck woods, the same scale. It's just the different shape? so I think they should sound sort of similar.
If you use the same bridge and pickups and such, I'd assume that the hollow strat might actually sound fatter than the solid body LPS. Maybe lose a little bit of 'thnap' but let's hear what owners of Hollow Strats have to say.

Back