Do I Expect Too Much?

When having a return issue, I've only dealt with one person before too, but the details of what he is told and decisions made down the line don't always go back up hill.  Like I said before, they are big small company.  Their volume vs. the number of employees is staggering.  I'm 100% positive no one set out to ruin your exoerience, and sometimes saying anything is saying too much.  As one of the sales people has stated on this forum before, people will fault them for not recommending something for their build, and others will give them an earful for trying to upsell them.  They can't win for losing sometimes.

mullyman said:
Mayfly said:
I think your expectations are too high IMHO

I'm not sure which one bums me more, that they didn't say anything or that doing that is the accepted thing these days.
MULLY

mullyman said:
This situation is just a lack of manners that existed 20 years ago. Just a common courtesy of saying anything to the customer rather than just sending a receipt. It doesn't really sour my view of Warmoth any, more soured on customer service in the US is all.
MULLY

I've noticed it a couple of times too Mully, but never said anything because I felt it really was like you said; less about Warmoth and more about the trend in the general attitude of customer service anywhere (even in Japan). It is sad to see the "treat the customer like family" mindset of bygone years die out.

In Warmoth's defense, in my experience they are a lot better than many other companies that shall remain nameless, and it has never been anything beyond the coolness you describe, possibly driven by them just being super busy (not a good excuse)! The current economic conditions are forcing everyone to "do more with less", and the first thing to go seems to be all the little extras that make customers feel appreciated. But, the "here's yer fries!" (as they're pitched your direction) attitude has become so prevalent in so many places now that it is unfortunately viewed as the norm. I didn't open a topic when it happened to me, but I suspect that those of us that have experienced times and places when great service was the norm probably don't think your expectations are too high!  :icon_thumright:

What kills me even more is going back to the States or Europe and being expected to tip for that level of service! I don't mind giving a gratuity for good service, but I will definitely tip significantly more to someone that shows they really care about what they are doing, and significantly less too those that don't! :sad1:

Just my 2 bits, but I think we should always be trying to treat each other better, and it is really sad to see a trend going in the opposite direction! If you are not there to please the customer, then customer service isn't your calling! IMHO

I think that may have been what you were feeling, and if so, I totally agree!  :guitarplayer2:

I had a recent experience with a music dealer in Chicago. I ordered an item Dec 31st, and got the form reply that shipping info will be available soon, so on Jan 13th I emailed asking about the status as Chicago is *not* far from Indianapolis.  The response I got was "Please call us."  I called, waited on hold, said I had got the email, placed back on hold to be told it was out of stock.
Simply stating that in the email would've saved some time, and I wasn't pleased that *I* had to initiate contact on an item that appeared to be instock (as it was on sale that week, and it was the beginning of the week when I ordered).

AutoBat said:
I had a recent experience with a music dealer in Chicago. I ordered an item Dec 31st, and got the form reply that shipping info will be available soon, so on Jan 13th I emailed asking about the status as Chicago is *not* far from Indianapolis.  The response I got was "Please call us."  I called, waited on hold, said I had got the email, placed back on hold to be told it was out of stock.
Simply stating that in the email would've saved some time, and I wasn't pleased that *I* had to initiate contact on an item that appeared to be instock (as it was on sale that week, and it was the beginning of the week when I ordered).

That would have sent me through the roof. Long distance calls, being put on hold etc... Doesn't make MULLY a happy camper.
MULLY

mullyman said:
Jumble Jumble said:
I might have felt a slight disappointment that dissipated I a few seconds. I can't imagine feeling so butthurt that I would start a thread about it.

Ohhh, I get it, you don't like my posts from the pronunciation thread so now you feel the need to troll me? Good one!
MULLY
Not at all, you're being silly. We disagreed; doesn't mean we're not friends.  :eek:ccasion14:

You're probably overreacting, but not unreasonably so.  W seems to be clearly making the distinction that they're not into customer service so much as just selling parts.  Oh well, they're still great parts, haha. 

This thread makes clear who's reasonable and who's a fanboi, however.  ;)

-Mark

p.s.  No hate here.  I just ordered my first custom order since they failed at how they handled my LP JR/special body order last year.  They make great parts, and there's no denying it.  I did tell they guys I'm building this bass for that they could expect a long wait if there were any mistakes with the order, though I didn't share my personal experiences.

Back