Do I Expect Too Much?

mullyman

Looks like Warmoth got my revised neck order. One thing bothers me though, maybe it's my age, I woke up this morning to find a message from Warmoth. I opened it up and it was the order confirmation, that's it. No more. Sorry, if anyone from Warmoth is reading this......and you younger people out there pay attention. That was Warmoth's fault and I was EXTREMELY cool about the situation. Along with that generic order confirmation message it would have been nice to see something like

Hi, Mr. Mullins, thank you for your understanding in this matter and again, we're sorry for the mistake. Your revised order is below.

Is that asking too much? Just opening up a generic order confirmation message feels really cold.
MULLY

I'm not really caught up, what was the revised order for?

Also it would have been nice. I guess the most important thing is that they get your order 100%, but adding a quick, "sorry for the trouble" wouldn't be asking too much I don't think.

JaySwear said:
I'm not really caught up, what was the revised order for?

Also it would have been nice. I guess the most important thing is that they get your order 100%, but adding a quick, "sorry for the trouble" wouldn't be asking too much I don't think.

Honest mistake on their part. I ordered a neck out of the showcase. 3 days later they contacted me saying it was already sold. Not a major catastrophe by any stretch. I mailed them back telling them not to sweat it and changed to a different neck. A little memo after I submitted that would have been nice.
MULLY

I think you're getting old and morose :p
It was actually something so easy, not like "sorry, our CNC had lunch with the neck you've ordered" :p

FernandoDuarte said:
I think you're getting old and morose :p
It was actually something so easy, not like "sorry, our CNC had lunch with the neck you've ordered" :p

It doesn't matter how easy it was, I'm the customer. I'm not saying they even need to apologize for anything, just acknowledge the situation. I would have been satisfied with a

"Thanks, MULLY, we're still on schedule and this should ship....yada yada yada"

Not saying anything pretty much sucks.
MULLY

I think that it's just you being use to the Polite people of Japan.

Don't forget they have many orders coming in daily (phone / email) and
that you had already stated that it wasn't a drama to them, after saying that, they presume it's the end of that issue.

:dontknow:  Must have been a web site error as when you buy anything it's gone straight away from the web site.

Here Mully you need this 

That better now ?  :icon_biggrin:

Good customer service is like good manners.  It always makes people happy.  While I agree that they didn't do anything egregious, it would have been nice to acknowledge your new order in some way.  I guess they're not hurting for business, so it is what it is.

Nightclub Dwight said:
Good customer service is like good manners.  It always makes people happy.  While I agree that they didn't do anything egregious, it would have been nice to acknowledge your new order in some way.  I guess they're not hurting for business, so it is what it is.

Yeah, it's not like they told me to go F myself or anything, just the thought of acknowledgement of human interaction. 

The message I sent was basically like this

No worries. Shit happens, right? I've looked around and found a new neck. Go ahead and hook this one up like the last one was supposed to be. I'm fine with the nut width on this one. Nut prep accordingly.
MULLY
have a great weekend, man

And in return I get a receipt. Guys, don't get me wrong, I'm not brooding over it and I surely won't be losing any sleep. Just interesting to see how things have changed.
MULLY

Mayfly said:
I think your expectations are too high IMHO

I'm not sure which one bums me more, that they didn't say anything or that doing that is the accepted thing these days.
MULLY

Not saying you are this way, it doesn't sound like anything too horrible happened here, just an oversight of courtesy.  But it bothers me when people say "the customer is always right" meaning "that's me".

TCIAR is an intentional overstatement designed to foster an attitude of customer service among employees. I'm not saying just take your lumps when you really have been wronged,  but when someone appropriates this phrase for themselves as a customer, it makes me think "you entitled little narcissistic twit - you're trying to take advantage of someone elses' intentional decision to accept being wronged in order to avoid losing a customer."

Again, nothing wrong with sticking to your guns when you have a beef, you should. And companies that don't care about the customer aren't a lot of fun to deal with, and should be avoided. But I've seen people work the system to their advantage, when no real harm has been done.

mullyman said:
Honest mistake on their part. I ordered a neck out of the showcase. 3 days later they contacted me saying it was already sold. Not a major catastrophe by any stretch. I mailed them back telling them not to sweat it and changed to a different neck. A little memo after I submitted that would have been nice.
If they didn't respond to your e-mail directly and just sent you an invoice then yes, I'm surprised & that's a bit cold/detached.  If they did respond to your e-mail with an "Okay cool/sorry again for the misunderstanding (etc.)" a separate acknowledgement on the invoice itself isn't warranted.

Ultimately they resolved things in a timely manner and you're getting a quality product, so all reasonable expectations were met, but the service element definitely goes a long way in choosing a vendor when you can get the same basic quality and specs from multiple sources.

swarfrat said:
Not saying you are this way, it doesn't sound like anything too horrible happened here, just an oversight of courtesy.  But it bothers me when people say "the customer is always right" meaning "that's me".

TCIAR is an intentional overstatement designed to foster an attitude of customer service among employees. I'm not saying just take your lumps when you really have been wronged,  but when someone appropriates this phrase for themselves as a customer, it makes me think "you entitled little narcissistic twit - you're trying to take advantage of someone elses' intentional decision to accept being wronged in order to avoid losing a customer."

Again, nothing wrong with sticking to your guns when you have a beef, you should. And companies that don't care about the customer aren't a lot of fun to deal with, and should be avoided. But I've seen people work the system to their advantage, when no real harm has been done.

I agree with you 110%. This situation is just a lack of manners that existed 20 years ago. Just a common courtesy of saying anything to the customer rather than just sending a receipt. It doesn't really sour my view of Warmoth any, more soured on customer service in the US is all.
MULLY

I might have felt a slight disappointment that dissipated I a few seconds. I can't imagine feeling so butthurt that I would start a thread about it.

Jumble Jumble said:
I might have felt a slight disappointment that dissipated I a few seconds. I can't imagine feeling so butthurt that I would start a thread about it.

Ohhh, I get it, you don't like my posts from the pronunciation thread so now you feel the need to troll me? Good one!
MULLY

Updown said:
I think that it's just you being use to the Polite people of Japan.

Don't forget they have many orders coming in daily (phone / email) and
that you had already stated that it wasn't a drama to them, after saying that, they presume it's the end of that issue.

:dontknow:  Must have been a web site error as when you buy anything it's gone straight away from the web site.

Here Mully you need this 

That better now ?  :icon_biggrin:
I feel better now... :laughing7:

But I do think Mully has a point, there was a screw up, so a bit more compassion on their part would have gone a long way. As a person who deals with customers of my own, I personally feel it necessary to put the customer at ease. Just my observation... :icon_thumright:

It may just be that the software that makes the confirmation messages doesn't provide any place to put in anything but the automatically-generated bare bones of the order.  Just a thought.

I think you're expecting too much.

Also, there's an assumption that every employee knows the details of your order.  They may not.  They're one of biggest small companies, or smallest big companies I've ever dealt with.  I once waited over a month for a showcase neck that only needed fret install and nut prep.  The check up phone call revealed a rare hiccup in the showcase ordering process.  Sounds like you found one too.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I think you're expecting too much.

Also, there's an assumption that every employee knows the details of your order.  They may not.  They're one of biggest small companies, or smallest big companies I've ever dealt with.  I once waited over a month for a showcase neck that only needed fret install and nut prep.  The check up phone call revealed a rare hiccup in the showcase ordering process.  Sounds like you found one too.

I called in my original order and have only dealt with one person this entire time.
MULLY

mullyman said:
Mayfly said:
I think your expectations are too high IMHO

I'm not sure which one bums me more, that they didn't say anything or that doing that is the accepted thing these days.
MULLY

well, then I don't understand why you made a thread with a question. If you're certain that was a lack of comunication and "care" and that everybody that think you're expecting too much are wrong, I suggest you to send a email to the sales manager and say you are not 100% happy with their service.
That is the only think I can think about from that point...

Back