Distortion pedals

Yep:  www.generalguitargadgets.com
Also check out: www.tonepad.com

Wyliee said:
I may replace them with a Fulltone OCD and possibly a Catalinbread Varioboost someday.  I'm very impressed with the OCD.  It works great with bass guitars too!

+1 on the OCD...  I've played through them and want one bad...  Maybe soon as their price isn't too outrageous for the quality of the pedal.

here's another switchblade user/abuser. i have the 50w combo (dont play gigs big enough to justify the 100), and i will probably never use a dirt pedal again. however, before that i used the MI audio Tubezone pedal. awesome pedal, really really awesome. i was using the MI audio crunchbox, but traded it for the tubezone, for more "head-popping" distortion. it's the most "tube distortion" sounding pedal i've ever played. i was looking at heaps of different dirt pedals that used tubes, but this one ate them all up, and it doesnt even use tubes at all.
www.miaudio.com

rightintheface said:
here's another switchblade user/abuser. i have the 50w combo (dont play gigs big enough to justify the 100

I have the 50w combo and it's more then enough to move the floor and the walls :headbang1:

Line6 uber metal sounds great for a distortion pedal, best I've heard. I just use a boss overdrive with the drive all the way down and the volume all the way up and just use the amp distortion. I used to put my gain on 10, or all the way up before the boss overdrive, but now I have it on 4.5. 

i use a boss sd-1 for some mid boost into a robert keely modded boss ds-1 for an awesome rock and roll type distortion. wouldn't change a thing on it. for hendrix covers i also have a fuzz pedal hand made here in japan by "boot-Leg" i thought that was a cool play on words until i read the back label and realized that it's just terible english.

i prefer a dimed tube amp but with a great pedal and a solid state amp you can rock without the cops at your door.

Back