Dinky PJ Great Koa Top!!

muchos_tacos

Warmoth had the nicest koa top available on showcase and I took it right away! 

Body: Black Korina, Koa top
Neck: Wenge, Ebony w/inlay

I'm thinking bartoloni pickups w/NTBT preamp. 

I "brightened" the pics a bit to show the more of the detail of the wood grain. 

DangerousR6

Pretty badass, but that combo is heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeavy. My VW is Koa and black korina, and it's a heavy mofo... :sad:

bbl4ck

WOOOOOOW!  :headbang1:  You have got some sweeeeet lookin' woods going on there.  What a great combo :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Not sure about the weight;  but if you gotta lug something around, she might as well be purty :icon_tongue:

muchos_tacos

DangerousR6 said:
Pretty badass, but that combo is heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeavy. My VW is Koa and black korina, and it's a heavy mofo... :sad:

Yup it's heavy. Actually the neck is much heavier than the body.  Neck dive is pretty bad, too.  I just put on some schaller tuners and realized that weight is too much.  So, I guess I'll have to put lite tuners on and drill extra holes...DOH! :sad1:

DangerousR6

muchos_tacos said:
DangerousR6 said:

Yup it's heavy. Actually the neck is much heavier than the body.  Neck dive is pretty bad, too.  I just put on some schaller tuners and realized that weight is too much.  So, I guess I'll have to put lite tuners on and drill extra holes...DOH! :sad1:
Sounds like that neck needs to go on a diet....... :laughing7: