Dad's 56 B-day guitar (Pics) Now w/ video and SOUND

Well ken, you haven't said what his reactions were off camera as to his thoughts on the guitar.....Not the crying part.....We got that... :laughing11:

Whoa, man.  Sounds like he got used to he new axe pretty quickly.  Your Dad rocks!  This really is just feel good all around.  Great job on the surprise gift, man.

DangerousR6 said:
Well ken, you haven't said what his reactions were off camera as to his thoughts on the guitar.....Not the crying part.....We got that... :laughing11:

well as expected he absolutly loved it. I have video of him showing off his neckplate to everyone.

His thoughts so far
It feels almost exactly like "nadine" his go to axe. which is good cause he is a creature of habit. The style and looks he absolutly loves and all the little appointments are great. He is just getting used to the higher output of the humbuckers so he is still trying to find his sound. He went out and gigged last night and I went with him. It was cool to watch cause he wanted to really see what it could do and he played his ass off more then ever. The full effect of the guitar hasn't really set in for him but he has already said it will be his new go to guitar.

As for the tone he loves the full fat sound with the fender scale legnth. I will post some clips of him playing his other guitar as that is what he played the first set with. I don't think I could actually put into words how much he loved this thing or how excited he was to get it. For him the jam was a total high and he had no clue about the guitar...he did say that this was the best day of his life so I guess it was a total success.

By the way the turn out was about 70 people with about 20 or so players. excluding my dad there were 4 guitar players that were absolutly off the hook.

Ken

ocguy106 said:
DangerousR6 said:

well as expected he absolutly loved it. I have video of him showing off his neckplate to everyone.

His thoughts so far
It feels almost exactly like "nadine" his go to axe. which is good cause he is a creature of habit. The style and looks he absolutly loves and all the little appointments are great. He is just getting used to the higher output of the humbuckers so he is still trying to find his sound. He went out and gigged last night and I went with him. It was cool to watch cause he wanted to really see what it could do and he played his ass off more then ever. The full effect of the guitar hasn't really set in for him but he has already said it will be his new go to guitar.

As for the tone he loves the full fat sound with the fender scale legnth. I will post some clips of him playing his other guitar as that is what he played the first set with. I don't think I could actually put into words how much he loved this thing or how excited he was to get it. For him the jam was a total high and he had no clue about the guitar...he did say that this was the best day of his life so I guess it was a total success.

By the way the turn out was about 70 people with about 20 or so players. excluding my dad there were 4 guitar players that were absolutly off the hook.

Ken
That's pretty awesome, in the span of just a few moments(excluding build time and waiting), you got him to change guitars..... :guitarplayer2:

That's pretty cool to that he digs the neckplate....... :icon_thumright:

This whole thread is full of win! AWESOME, Ken! If we had a HOF, this thread would be in it. I loved following this thead from the beginning and was probably as anxious to find out the results as you were, lol! Awesome, thread! Glad to hear "the ol' man" loves it!

SrDeMaFp said:
This whole thread is full of win! AWESOME, Ken! If we had a HOF, this thread would be in it. I loved following this thead from the beginning and was probably as anxious to find out the results as you were, lol! Awesome, thread! Glad to hear "the ol' man" loves it!

Cool to hear. He loves it more and more each day and is still in shock. he calls me everyday and tells me the new sounds he gets out of it. We went to GC the other day to look at pedals with all the gift certificates he got so he brought it with him to test out the tone of the pedals with his guitar. Everybody that passed by did a double take and most asked what it was. As expected he takes great pride telling everyone his kids built it for him.

ocguy106 said:
SrDeMaFp said:

Cool to hear. He loves it more and more each day and is still in shock. he calls me everyday and tells me the new sounds he gets out of it. We went to GC the other day to look at pedals with all the gift certificates he got so he brought it with him to test out the tone of the pedals with his guitar. Everybody that passed by did a double take and most asked what it was. As expected he takes great pride telling everyone his kids built it for him.

That's awesome Ken, wish my dad could play. But he's about as musical as a pinto bean fart..That's got to be the greatest feeling in the world to be able to bestow such a fine guitar upon him... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
ocguy106 said:
SrDeMaFp said:

... he's about as musical as a pinto bean fart...

Would that be in the key of B flat?

Seriously, seriously awesome gift from you to him.  Even more killer that your Dad jams the way he does.  Great chops.  Glad to hear that it is his new goto woodchopper.  You must've had just a small tear in your eye when he first lit it up.

Another video

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUcxttQT54M[/youtube]

And another one

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52c4BrC4mlA[/youtube]

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
ocguy106 said:
SrDeMaFp said:

... he's about as musical as a pinto bean fart...

Would that be in the key of B flat?

Seriously, seriously awesome gift from you to him.  Even more killer that your Dad jams the way he does.  Great chops.  Glad to hear that it is his new goto woodchopper.  You must've had just a small tear in your eye when he first lit it up.
My dad doesn't know a thing about guitars...

But B flat is my key of choice on trumpet! (Soooo easy :p).

Just a follow up for everyone.....

It has been 6 months since my dad got his Warmoth, and he hasn't taken "Nadine" out one time since. The compound neck of the warmoth pro is amazing and the very first thing he noticed. The fit and finish of a warmoth is incredible he always raved at how much better his strat played then any others he has played and he is right about that but after playing the warmoth his strat feels like a squire. For xmas I took his old guitar in and had it re-fretted since the frets were so worn they couldn't be leveled, I took it to the same guy that I had set up the warmoth and had him set it up exactly the same. It is close now but he still loves his warmoth which was the plan from the begining. Also just as planned EVERY time he plays someone will always ask what kind of guitar it is and his face lights up as he tells everyone his son built it for him. Thanks to all on this board who helped out.

Ken

Thanks for the update!

I'm glad hes getting so much mileage out of this.  I'm astounded at the number of gifts that I can't recall........but some are just so incredibly special.  :headbang1:

Well All

If you can believe it, it has been a year since I built my dad's warmoth. We are doing another jam for him and at this point it has been decided that it will be a yearly event. This year it will be July 18th and should be twice as big as last year (looking at 120 people or so). So if there are any local Warmoth-Heads that want to come by and jam you are totaly welcome. I think last year tfarny was going to to try and make it but he moved to NYC (I think it was tfanry) Anyway all good attitudes welcome to come and talk shop and jam!!!!

Ken

ocguy106 said:
Well All

If you can believe it, it has been a year since I built my dad's warmoth. We are doing another jam for him and at this point it has been decided that it will be a yearly event. This year it will be July 18th and should be twice as big as last year (looking at 120 people or so). So if there are any local Warmoth-Heads that want to come by and jam you are totaly welcome. I think last year tfarny was going to to try and make it but he moved to NYC (I think it was tfanry) Anyway all good attitudes welcome to come and talk shop and jam!!!!

Ken

Hey Ken,

I just listened to those two tracks from your party last year.  Your dad plays in a rockin' little band!  I listened to both tracks and it looks like everyone is really having a great time.  :eek:ccasion14:
Where do you live?  I don't think you are in my part of the country, but just curious!
:rock-on:

bbl4ck said:
ocguy106 said:
Well All

Ken

Hey Ken,

I just listened to those two tracks from your party last year.  Your dad plays in a rockin' little band!  I listened to both tracks and it looks like everyone is really having a great time.  :eek:ccasion14:
Where do you live?  I don't think you are in my part of the country, but just curious!
:rock-on:

Actually there were no "bands" all was just his friends playing adlib 1,4,5, blues progressions. oh and the party is in Garden Grove Ca.

Back