Dad's 56 B-day guitar (Pics) Now w/ video and SOUND

ocguy106

Parts came in and I have to say it was worth the wait. As you guys know this was a birthday gift for my dads 56th b-day. The hard part is going to be sitting in it for the next 2 months. Don't know how it sounds yet cause I have to drop it off to have it set up. All the electroics work though and no unessasary pick up hum.

DSC00848.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

More pics
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/tiptonken/warmoth/
password is bug

looks like it says G&G as in : http://www.ggqualitycase.com/

nice guitar - - definitely not my style at all but nice none the less. :)

-CB- said:
Nice case... what brand?

I can see how you have to have one for the Blue Flame Tele.... it matches!

Is that a gloss finish on a mahogany/Brazilian Rosewood neck? Sweet Build!  :eek:ccasion14:

I turned 53 and all the kids got me was a bottle of JaegerMeister.... :sad:

The case is in fact a C&G factory Fender case. Picked it up on ebay for 135 delivered. For this build I was going for the feel and look of a Strat and the sound and tone of a SG. I will deffiatly post sound clips when it is finished. I still have to add the waterslide and the custom neck plate as well. Thank you all for the help on this project.

how weird that I saw it wrong and yet there is a guitar case company named G&G...

Actully you had it right I had a typo. Here is one on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RI-Fender-Strat-Tele-G-G-TOLEX-HARDSHELL-CASE_W0QQitemZ360046073428QQihZ023QQcategoryZ41409QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guess depending on your taste, the gold hardware either makes it, or makes it too much.  For me, I like the gold.  It is very unique.  Awesome build man.  I bet your dad is going to be ecstatic. 

Wow, that came out even better than I imagined it.  She's beautiful!!  I can't imagine him not being excited at a new custom axe, and proud that his kids had it tailor made just for him.  :rock-on:

Really like the finish ! Thought about getting one with a finish like that in the future but maybe with a flamed maple top...

What a beautiful guitar....The case reminds me of when I was in school playing in the concert band, my trumpet case looked just like that on the inside...... :icon_biggrin:

Here is the headstock after about 3 coats of laquer. Needs a few more then buff it out....then a matching neck plate from DangerousR6 and it goes to the shop to be set up.

DSC00870.jpg

I am already considering a matching tele for me...and the sickness begins.

Ken

Nice touch with the logo!  I'm assuming the S/N is his Bday  :eek:ccasion14:

.......Since you're considering a matching warmoth for yourself, a thinline in a similar color scheme might be just the ticket.  :icon_biggrin:

ocguy106 said:
Here is the headstock after about 3 coats of laquer. Needs a few more then buff it out....then a matching neck plate from DangerousR6 and it goes to the shop to be set up.

DSC00870.jpg

I am already considering a matching tele for me...and the sickness begins.

Ken

You mean this ???
2454665417_7afae4d960.jpg

Yeah the S/N is his birthday and the TN represents the state he was born. I would love a matching thinline but as it is I already have a stable of guitars that far exceed my ability to play. I deffinatly can't justify another 2k for a guitar when I am barely a "strummer" I live my guitar playing fantasys through my dad. I played alot during my 13-15 teen years then put it down. every few years I pick it up again and give it a go and somthing always gets in the way. I am now 35 and would really like to learn to play well enough to have a meaningful jam with the old man. I kept buying more and more expensive guitars thinking it would motivate me to play but with my work schedule that just hasn't been the case. Hanging out on this board and seeing some of the other members picking it up later in life gives me hope though. One day me and the old man will rock out.

Back