Custom wood knobs

Tomatonator

Hi all,
Just wondering if anybody active has got custom wood control knobs from Archipelago Glass. He/they have a presence on Etsy and eBay although archipelagoglass.com seems dead. Edit: Based on the Etsy page title I see there is a domain of https://www.kitharadesign.com instead. The eBay seller still seems active and Etsy has recent reviews too.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to request non-stock knobs from them. I sent an enquiry through Etsy 5 days ago. Their products/prices look good for me and I was hoping to get something to ship via a forwarder along with a Warmoth neck that is likely to be ready for me soon.

Edit: I got a reply via Etsy - now to finalise what I want :)

Thanks

Well that was a crap experience. Supposed to make up some knobs in a week or so. Finally 3 weeks later after getting auto replies to my queries via Etsy with something about being on holidays with no date range given I load the web site above and there's a message saying away til mid Jan!@#

Fortunately I haven't paid anything but my Warmoth neck has been sitting in a warehouse for no reason waiting to be combined with extras and shipped to me as one. Now to get my neck delivered and find someone locally who will make up some custom knobs for me out of nice wood.

I don't know where you are but there is a person advertising custom wood knobs that comes up on Craigslist for the Inland Empire, CA. I think it was in Ontario. You can search CL for that if it helps.

Thanks, I'm on the other side of the world :) I ended up getting some ziricote and bocote turning blanks to try my own hand at it + some basic wood knobs from LMI that look nice in case that doesn't work out or to have others to choose from. That may help someone in future though so all good.

I think you made the right move!
I have purchased several sets of knobs from that vendor, but they were already made and posted on his website.  He claims he makes custom knobs, so I emailed him with my request and never got a reply.  I then emailed him again, and again, and again without any response.  Gave up after 5 tries...
Good luck and be sure to post how you came out.
:rock-on:

Back