Custom neckplate

NonsenseTele said:
Are you going to do it from now, Doug?
Nope, just passing on some helpful info I tested out. But I'll let everybody make thier own decission on how to treat thier plates. :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
To keep from having any issues with some possible surface rust occuring, you can use some clear drying epoxy to fill it in. I took the plate that I made for that jackass that was whinning I didn't get it right, cleaned it with alcohol. Then filled in the machined area with some Devcon 5 min epoxy. It set up real nice and is crystal clear, no shrinkage around the edges and is smooth as glass. And now worries about any rusting or oxidation.. :icon_thumright:

Is that something that you can just pour in, or do you need to spray it? Will Home Depot/Lowes/Etc carry the stuff you used?

DangerousR6 said:
that jackass that was whinning I didn't get it right,

:toothy12:

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:
To keep from having any issues with some possible surface rust occuring, you can use some clear drying epoxy to fill it in. I took the plate that I made for that jackass that was whinning I didn't get it right, cleaned it with alcohol. Then filled in the machined area with some Devcon 5 min epoxy. It set up real nice and is crystal clear, no shrinkage around the edges and is smooth as glass. And now worries about any rusting or oxidation.. :icon_thumright:

Is that something that you can just pour in, or do you need to spray it? Will Home Depot/Lowes/Etc carry the stuff you used?

DangerousR6 said:
that jackass that was whinning I didn't get it right,

:toothy12:
It comes in a double tube syrenge, squeeze it onto a piece of cardboard and mix it up then spread into the cut out area. Would be a good idea to tape the outer edges to keep them clean. Yip you can get it at home depot or lowes or wal mart.

I'm also trying some super glue on another misfit neck plate to see how that works. Was a great deal easier to apply having the little nozzle tip on it... :rock-on:

Chris of Arabia said:
I like that, or possibly a couple of crossed claymore's on a bed of severed limbs motif...  :icon_jokercolor:
How about a close up of Braveheart's claymore. Just the upper portion with a bit of the blade, the hilt handle and pommel...Like in the pic to the right.... :icon_thumright:
braveheart-sword-sheath.jpg

Ahhhhh.

I thought you were talking about these type of Claymores.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg

Was wondering how you were going to 'cross' those.
:doh:

jimh said:
Ahhhhh.

I thought you were talking about these type of Claymores.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg

Was wondering how you were going to 'cross' those.
:doh:
:laughing11:

Ok, the super glue didn't work out. It turned a milky white, could have been the type of super glue I used. Probably should have got some CA to test out instead of just plain old super glue. But the epoxy is by far the best to use. :icon_biggrin:

Hey Dangerous... forget the truss rod cover, I'm making one out of rosewood. Thanks anyway!!  :toothy10:

DangerousR6 said:
It comes in a double tube syrenge, squeeze it onto a piece of cardboard and mix it up then spread into the cut out area. Would be a good idea to tape the outer edges to keep them clean. Yip you can get it at home depot or lowes or wal mart.

Is there any trick to getting any bubbles out, or do they just settle out naturally?

Chris of Arabia said:
DangerousR6 said:

Is there any trick to getting any bubbles out, or do they just settle out naturally?
I never really noticed any bubbles...

Chris of Arabia said:
You must stir v e r y, v e r y, v e r y slowly...

...but enough of that, how's the plate coming along?
I'll have to keep that in mind...I'm still out on vacation, but I'll have it done and and sent to the UK address you sent me by next friday... :icon_thumright:

Chris of Arabia said:

Yo Chris, check it out......Sorry about the crappy pic..Cell phone... :sad1:
2761615322_a9d0bae02f.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
Chris of Arabia said:

Nice battle axe motif.  :icon_thumright:

One down, three to go, Doug.  :laughing7:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Chris of Arabia said:

Nice battle axe motif.  :icon_thumright:

One down, three to go, Doug.  :laughing7:
And then 3 more after that.... :laughing7:

Fish said:
Do you think that you could make me another plate like the last one except have the numbers across the bottom read 08-2008?
Sure Dave, you want

W
                    USA
                  Custom
                  DLS-01
                  8-2008
In chrome? :dontknow:

Back