Custom neckplate

TBurst Std said:
DangerousR6 said:
TBurst Std said:
DangerousR6 said:
A friend of mine and I have been toying with some ideas, he does coatings for various items. And he wanted to try something with a neck plate, so I gave him this one. It's Great Apes blue monkey plate logo I did on a blank aluminum plate. Turned out pretty kick ass...
51189378719_082b52c109_b.jpg
Are any of the coatings conductive?
Not sure, I'll have to test...
Any response yet?
The Tele bridge I want doesn’t come in the color I need

I can get it in raw metal if that matters.
Still not sure, can't get anyone to hold the plate while I attach the electrodes... :toothy12:

Perfect

I’ll be ordering a bridge soon and sending it you and compadres for this.

Would you prefer this to you or directly to them? Also if I had a question?
Feel free to PM me.

TBurst Std said:
Perfect

I’ll be ordering a bridge soon and sending it you and compadres for this.

Would you prefer this to you or directly to them? Also if I had a question?
Feel free to PM me.
Just PM me when you get it in, and I'll get you my address... :icon_thumright:

well, to keep in step with Warmoth, since they did a special run of the turtle inlays. I thought I might see if there was any interest in some turtle plates?

51235959106_660b591dde_b.jpg

That got me thinking ...
Put "Made for John Jones" at the top, a letter W somewhere, then a date at the bottom.  Very nice.

The way cites is going, in another 40 years...

Sorry - nope. It's got a picture of a tortoise. Can't touch it. It's probably legal for you to own, but it's illegal to sell.

Attachments

• tortoise.png
    tortoise.png
    509.8 KB · Views: 117
swarfrat said:
The way cites is going, in another 40 years...

Sorry - nope. It's got a picture of a tortoise. Can't touch it. It's probably legal for you to own, but it's illegal to sell.
Seen that episode, my uncle had a pair of Tony Llama boots that were sea turtle, eel and gator...

DangerousR6 said:
Anyone interested in a skull plate and truss rod cover, made them and the person changed their mind..
51235536853_737a4906cf_z.jpg

I could be, how much and do you ship to Canada?

Those turtle neck plates would be really cool. Those are all really nice high quality plates. If I hadn't gone with a color-printed one of my own design I would definitely take a turtle!

jay4321 said:
DangerousR6 said:
A while back I did this run of brass plates for a cat in NJ, Sola guitars. Just scrolling thru some stuff on IG and ran across his name, Sola custom guitars. So I looked it up, pretty cool to see my work getting around.... :icon_biggrin:
31251096708_e2a07ba1d6_b.jpg

https://solacustomguitars.com/collections/pro-line/products/distressed-monaco-yellow

51061405476_408c4dbc5a_b.jpg

Gotta be honest that kinda looks like someone hated NJ and scribbled over it. And I'm directly in the line of fire too maybe it's me
:laughing11:

It could be a bad breeze from Philly too, I won't take it personal.

Anyway so I bought a flat mount JAzzmaster tail on ebay, good one but instead of the string holes up from they're all the way in the back on this version. Will swap it back with seller but then I thought you probably do these too and lo and behold you did

I asked ebay guy a second ago but if he can't, you think you might do a limited run of similar type pieces, just half as long (same width as jazzmaster). Just need to pop the strings in to hook, don't need all the extra chrome, and I'll engrave my usual logo on them

jay4321 said:
It could be a bad breeze from Philly too, I won't take it personal.

Anyway so I bought a flat mount JAzzmaster tail on ebay, good one but instead of the string holes up from they're all the way in the back on this version. Will swap it back with seller but then I thought you probably do these too and lo and behold you did

I asked ebay guy a second ago but if he can't, you think you might do a limited run of similar type pieces, just half as long (same width as jazzmaster). Just need to pop the strings in to hook, don't need all the extra chrome, and I'll engrave my usual logo on them
Possibly... :laughing7:

Ebay guy's a nice guy and taking care of the exchange part so the jazz in question (not mine) spoken for.

But yes what I more or less need is something roughly in the shape of a strat pickup cavity, flat, and hooks my string into the body. No ferrules and all that. I probably want to because first guitar had a claw tail, simple and it works

Back