Custom neckplate

Right. Sorta. The laser-engraved units aren't mass-produced, they're cut to order, but anybody can get any given design out of 50 or so and they're all the same. Then again, Doug's are the same way. But, not many people have one of Doug's. On the other hand, there's a lot to be said in favor of scantily clad women...

knucklehead G said:
9zyetu.jpg
:icon_thumright:

Cagey said:
Right. Sorta. The laser-engraved units aren't mass-produced, they're cut to order, but anybody can get any given design out of 50 or so and they're all the same. Then again, Doug's are the same way. But, not many people have one of Doug's. On the other hand, there's a lot to be said in favor of scantily clad women...

I would say the majority of Doug's plates are one of a kind.  If you are going to wear a plate saying custom; now Doug's plates are truly custom.
I have a plate very similar to the one you pictured that I purchased before I discovered Doug's plates.  I will give it to you for the cost of postage!
I would not consider any of my geetars wearing anything but Neckwear by Dangerous...
:rock-on:

Black Dog said:
I have a plate very similar to the one you pictured that I purchased before I discovered Doug's plates.  I will give it to you for the cost of postage!

That's very generous of you, but I'll politely decline because

Black Dog said:
I would not consider any of my geetars wearing anything but Neckwear by Dangerous...

I'm coming to the same conclusion.

Cagey said:
Black Dog said:

That's very generous of you, but I'll politely decline because

Black Dog said:

I'm coming to the same conclusion.

:headbang: :icon_thumright: :headbang:

The Norwegian Guy said:
Just wondering... How thin could you do the lines? Do you have a standard thickness, doug?
Generally I use a .0625 ball nose, or for the finer detail I use a .040" ball nose...However I don't cut down the full radius of the ball, so on a .0625" cutter the lines are .040" wide, and on a .040" cutter the lines are .030" wide. If that helps... :dontknow:

Ok. I've got probably 2 months before my neck shows up, as I just ordered it last week and it's a full custom build. So, I'll get back to you.

DangerousR6 said:
The Norwegian Guy said:
Just wondering... How thin could you do the lines? Do you have a standard thickness, doug?
Generally I use a .0625 ball nose, or for the finer detail I use a .040" ball nose...However I don't cut down the full radius of the ball, so on a .0625" cutter the lines are .040" wide, and on a .040" cutter the lines are .030" wide. If that helps... :dontknow:
Helped a lot :)

I'm going to PM you when I need a plate for my "tribute to dad" strat :)

Probably just writing, so it's not too complicated :)

DangerousR6 said:
Almost forgot to add thekiwidisciples plate.... :icon_biggrin:
kiwiplate.jpg

Crap... Kiwi's dad is 8 days younger than me... and I'm not getting a neckplate (or a guitar) :(

Back