Custom neckplate

DangerousR6 said:
Check it out, I ran across an unusual color plate in case somebody might be looking for something different. It's the one next to the black called black chrome, it looks even better in person. I know there are a couple places I've seen black chrome hardware before, but not many. And never have wseen a neck plate in it before. I kinda like it myself, if I could only find a Floyd in black chrome.....hmmmm
plateasst.jpg

DMRACO said:
Ibanez has been using a lot of black chrome hardware.  Kahler is also making black chrome pieces too.

D, I know you've seen my thread in the hardware forums, right?

One word: Ruthenium

P.S. Unless I go the photo/impact route (doubtful), expect another customer soonish.  :icon_thumright:

ORC

Yo Bart.... :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:
ROC.jpg

You'll have to excuse the crappy pic, my good camera is MIA, so I'm stuck using my cell phone for the time being.... :dontknow:

ORCRiST said:
DangerousR6 said:
Check it out, I ran across an unusual color plate in case somebody might be looking for something different. It's the one next to the black called black chrome, it looks even better in person. I know there are a couple places I've seen black chrome hardware before, but not many. And never have wseen a neck plate in it before. I kinda like it myself, if I could only find a Floyd in black chrome.....hmmmm
plateasst.jpg

DMRACO said:
Ibanez has been using a lot of black chrome hardware.  Kahler is also making black chrome pieces too.

D, I know you've seen my thread in the hardware forums, right?

One word: Ruthenium

P.S. Unless I go the photo/impact route (doubtful), expect another customer soonish.  :icon_thumright:

ORC
Yip, I think I recall seeing it before...I'll be here.... :toothy10:

DangerousR6 said:
Yo Bart.... :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:
ROC.jpg

You'll have to excuse the crappy pic, my good camera is MIA, so I'm stuck using my cell phone for the time being.... :dontknow:

Neckwear by Dangerous...
Nobody does it better  :headbang1:

DesmoDog said:
Woo Hoo! I'm getting a turtle!   :hello2:
flying-turtle.jpg

:headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

I'm sure the details of how you make those neck plates are in this thread somewhere, but it's well over 100 pages long now. So, could you go over it a bit? Is that a gold-plated plate that you engrave and then coat with something, or is it just engraved and the underlying metal exposed? Or, do you engrave a raw plate and then gold plate it? If raw metal is exposed, what is the underlying metal? Finally, if I wanted a turtle over a W like the one in the previous post, how many bubblegums do you wish, and how do I order it if I decide I can't live without one?

DangerousR6 said:
plateasst.jpg

:icon_thumright:

Cagey said:
I'm sure the details of how you make those neck plates are in this thread somewhere, but it's well over 100 pages long now. So, could you go over it a bit? Is that a gold-plated plate that you engrave and then coat with something, or is it just engraved and the underlying metal exposed? Or, do you engrave a raw plate and then gold plate it? If raw metal is exposed, what is the underlying metal? Finally, if I wanted a turtle over a W like the one in the previous post, how many bubblegums do you wish, and how do I order it if I decide I can't live without one?
The plates are already plated chrome, gold, black, nickel....etc I machine thru the coating, the underlying metal is the raw steel to give contrast so the design stands out. if you want one, PM me... :icon_biggrin:

Cagey said:
Finally, if I wanted a turtle over a W like the one in the previous post, how many bubblegums do you wish, and how do I order it if I decide I can't live without one?

Ohhhhhh DOOOOOOOOuuuggggg..

not to say I told you so, but...

I TOLD you!

:laughing7:

DesmoDog said:
Cagey said:
Finally, if I wanted a turtle over a W like the one in the previous post, how many bubblegums do you wish, and how do I order it if I decide I can't live without one?

Ohhhhhh DOOOOOOOOuuuggggg..

not to say I told you so, but...

I TOLD you!

I'm torn. I'd like something unique, and I can get most of the way there with something laser-engraved like this...

PDR_0907-600.jpg

For $30. The picture doesn't do it justice - that's all gold. The light just isn't hitting it right. I have one on my existing Warmoth Strat. But, those custom Warmoth plates are even more rare. Nobody can find those just by searching the 'net.

Back