Custom neckplate

knucklehead G said:
Itching to see the plate... come on you said you cut it last night! I was mashing Refresh every ten minutes on my inbox 'til my phone died. Kept me up til about 2AM.

:binkybaby: :sad:
oooooops, sorry about that. Had some home issues to deal with last night. I'll post it up tonight, after the game..... :icon_biggrin:

Everybody say GO COWBOYS!!!!!.... :headbang1:

O.K. Ian, here ya go... :headbang:
knucklehead3.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead3.jpg

AWESOME. Without reading through 103 pages, can you remind me again how to keep it from rusting?

knucklehead G said:
DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead3.jpg

AWESOME. Without reading through 103 pages, can you remind me again how to keep it from rusting?
There are several ways, clear fingernail polish, epoxy, a clear laquer or paint... :icon_thumright:

I'd say clear laquer or paint would bee the best, or even a polyurethane...  :icon_biggrin:

Congrat D on the Dallas win...they crushed the EAGLES...Live in Philly...i did not care much, my heard had aldready been broken from the Steelers tanking early on....

I received the plate a few days ago, must say its looking fine.. I'm trying to track down something to protect it, so its still in the little plastic cover thingy.

knucklehead G said:
I received the plate a few days ago, must say its looking fine.. I'm trying to track down something to protect it, so its still in the little plastic cover thingy.

I layed about 10 coats of Deft spray high gloss on mine. I taped it of and sprayed it a little each day till the cut outs where filled and level with lacquer. worked great

DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead G said:
DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead3.jpg

There are several ways, clear fingernail polish, epoxy, a clear laquer or paint... :icon_thumright:

I'd say clear laquer or paint would bee the best, or even a polyurethane...  :icon_biggrin:[/quote[

ocguy106 said:
knucklehead G said:

I layed about 10 coats of Deft spray high gloss on mine. I taped it of and sprayed it a little each day till the cut outs where filled and level with lacquer. worked great

Taping off mine would be kind of rough.

Epoxy... the resin kind, if I'm remember ok... it's that one that gets "hard" and people use on the keychains, putting their logo under it

knucklehead G said:
DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead G said:
DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead3.jpg

I'd say clear laquer or paint would bee the best, or even a polyurethane...  :icon_biggrin:[/quote[

ocguy106 said:
knucklehead G said:

Taping off mine would be kind of rough.

I didn't tape off the pattern I just put tape around the outside edge sticking up higher then the plate. this allowed the lacquer build up without flowing off the sides

Ken

knucklehead G said:
Cool beans... :icon_thumright:

You could just spray the whole thing with laquer as Ken did, you don't have to make it as thick as he did. Just a couple of coats would seal it nicely.... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead G said:

You could just spray the whole thing with laquer as Ken did, you don't have to make it as thick as he did. Just a couple of coats would seal it nicely.... :icon_biggrin:

I was hunting around for some liquid cement stuff I had for building models, it goes on with this little needle tip and dries super hard and clear. Ahh well I have a few weeks 'til the body shows back up to worry about it.

After first reading about the oxidation on these cut out plates, right here on this big bad thread, I decided to let my DangerPlate have access to oxygen for a short time, and then once it had just a bit of color to, I followed ocguys recomendation, now my plate is arrested in just the right amount of decay.  It looks like I've had it for a while.  Not quite relic'd but just a little distress.  Looks nice.

knucklehead G said:
DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead G said:

I was hunting around for some liquid cement stuff I had for building models, it goes on with this little needle tip and dries super hard and clear. Ahh well I have a few weeks 'til the body shows back up to worry about it.
That sounds like it'll work.... :icon_thumright:

Back