Custom neckplate

knucklehead G said:
DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead G said:

That won't display unless you have Japanese character support, but do you think you could put that on a plate?
Yip.... :icon_thumright:

It means Tanuki. A tanuki is a raccoon-dog in Japan known for having large manly parts, while the Tanuki is a figure from Japanese folklore (in)famous for loving good food, sake and women a little too much. At night he can be heard playing his stomach like a drum (the original bassist..?) in the forest. Following the, "It takes a thief to catch a thief," logic, he's come to be a symbol of prosperity, as well as protection against fire and theft if you believe anything Tom Robbins writes.

If its associated with music, money, women and booze, and protects against fire and theft, I think its a right lucky thing to slap on a Warmoth. That on a black plate would be studly. I think I'd paint it black, as I don't want any chrome showing, but you'd still be able to see it since its engraved right?
It would still be visible, though not very prominent...

Maybe it'd be best to leave it silver and I could figure out once its bolted on what color it should be. Can you shoot me a price quote?

How about this one in chrome? In this style: (no special sandblasting or anything, although, if you could make the parts that I have in black on the plate actually black to make it stand out more, that would be pretty cool)
2675227187_2aea96cb70.jpg

Neckplate4-1.png

Rouse said:
How about this one in chrome? In this style: (no special sandblasting or anything)
2675227187_2aea96cb70.jpg

Neckplate4-1.png
I imagine it's possible...Doesn't look difficult at all... :icon_thumright: The "Warmoth" spelled out might be a little cramped, but I can give it a whirl and see... :icon_biggrin:

Once you post the "preview" from your program, I'll give it the ok and then you can go ahead and make it, you do use pay pal, right?

Rouse said:
Once you post the "preview" from your program, I'll give it the ok and then you can go ahead and make it, you do use pay pal, right?

Ditto.  :eek:ccasion14:

IMAG0014-1.jpg
IMAG0009-1.jpg

Here's what I made today. Didn't turn out exactly like I wanted. But, pretty good considering I only had an hour to get it done. We decided to cut it out from the back of the neck plate, so the good side's chrome wouldn't get dulled. We had to flip the CNC program upside down and increase the size of the kerf to get it to leave the complete outline of the W. It came out a little distorted. Oh well, the water jet machine ships at the end of the week. Probably won't see another one for a while. The stainless steel cut parts came out good, I'll turn those into keychains. 

Rouse said:
knucklehead G said:
Rouse said:

Ditto.  :eek:ccasion14:
No problem... :icon_thumright:

esabtech said:
IMAG0014-1.jpg
IMAG0009-1.jpg

Here's what I made today. Didn't turn out exactly like I wanted. But, pretty good considering I only had an hour to get it done. We decided to cut it out from the back of the neck plate, so the good side's chrome wouldn't get dulled. We had to flip the CNC program upside down and increase the size of the kerf to get it to leave the complete outline of the W. It came out a little distorted. Oh well, the water jet machine ships at the end of the week. Probably won't see another one for a while. The stainless steel cut parts came out good, I'll turn those into keychains. 
Pretty cool, was the water jet just on loan for a while? :icon_scratch:

DangerousR6 said:
Pretty cool, was the water jet just on loan for a while? :icon_scratch:

No, I work for a company that manufacturers gantry style cutting machines - water jet, plasma, and oxyfuel. That's were my username comes from.

knucklehead G said:
DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead G said:

That won't display unless you have Japanese character support, but do you think you could put that on a plate?

It means Tanuki. A tanuki is a raccoon-dog in Japan known for having large manly parts, while the Tanuki is a figure from Japanese folklore (in)famous for loving good food, sake and women a little too much. At night he can be heard playing his stomach like a drum (the original bassist..?) in the forest. Following the, "It takes a thief to catch a thief," logic, he's come to be a symbol of prosperity, as well as protection against fire and theft if you believe anything Tom Robbins writes.

If its associated with music, money, women and booze, and protects against fire and theft, I think its a right lucky thing to slap on a Warmoth. That on a black plate would be studly. I think I'd paint it black, as I don't want any chrome showing, but you'd still be able to see it since its engraved right?

Tanuki...wasn't that in super mario bros 3?  LOL.  No, I am not a gamer...but I have played that game and always wondered what a tanuki was...

TanukiMario.jpg

MN_JDTele said:
knucklehead G said:
DangerousR6 said:
knucklehead G said:

Tanuki...wasn't that in super mario bros 3?  LOL.  No, I am not a gamer...but I have played that game and always wondered what a tanuki was...

TanukiMario.jpg

Yes. For some reason, they looked at an oversexed, alcoholic, klepto raccoon dog and thought, "I bet if I dress like him I can fly."

Crazy video game designers, right?

Itching to see the plate... come on you said you cut it last night! I was mashing Refresh every ten minutes on my inbox 'til my phone died. Kept me up til about 2AM.

:binkybaby: :sad:

Back