Custom Laminated body.

DMRACO said:
49peterbilt said:
:rock-on:

Yes, Doug is very slow

Doug...are you going to stand by and take this?    :laughing7: :laughing3: :laughing11:

that's should look cool.
I maybe a little dense, but I'm not slow... :icon_scratch:

I am more and more intrigued to see the finished product. I suspect it is going to be way bitchin'. I'm sure you've probably said somewhere in the pages of this thread, but what kind of finish will it get? Just a straight clear or some sort of tint?

:band:
To all those concerned,  the finishing process will include Minwax Natural stain then several coats of Minwax "Teak" oil finish will be applied.
      We both decided on the Teak Oil because it is specially formulated for dense woods. There are many "dense" woods in the guitar build so I am sure I will be pleased with Doug's work once the finished is applied.
      Doug took a major hit with the Covid-19 virus.  His shop was closed from 14 March till 18 May 2020. So he now he has approximately 150 guitar orders he has to fill as quickly as he can. And to boot, his partner went into the mask making business so he is by himself and the help of his wife Mara.
      Thanks to all of you being patient.
        Jeff.

:kewlpics:
To show the tiny Doug is using. Here is a pic of the boogie body covered in the Copper Micah Powder.  Doug sanded it all down and it came out beautifully.
    Before:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200316-144958_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200316-144958_Gallery.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 40
As your finishing it remember, always sand with the grain!................ :dontknow:....... :icon_jokercolor:

Actually,  Doug will be doing sanding and assembly at his home shop. We discussed it and decided that the humidity at my shop is much to great to take the chance on it warping.
      So I commissioned Doug to do finally tweaking and assembly for me until we have a finished product.
      Thanks Jeff.

:rock-on:
Hi guys , it has been a while since my last post. Still waiting patiently on my stratocaster.  Doug is overwhelmed from Covid-19. So, I am hoping by Christmas.
      Needless to say , the passing of Eddie Van Halen  was like a Mack truck in the face. We lost a good one.
      As a side note my wife bought a Taylor GS Mini.  She is already learning to play.
Thanks Jeff.

Attachments

• 20201003_202627.jpg
    20201003_202627.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
Had I the funds, I'd for sure be a GS-Mini owner.  They are surprisingly rich and loud for such a small guitar, better by far than many full-sized axes at the same pricepoint.  Congrats to you and the missus on the new arrival.

GS Minis are great. Also are Guild Jr Jumbos.  Only Those 2 minis that seem to hold there own out of the 8 or so different types I have tried.

The Taylor is gorgeous! They do have a way with small guitars. I have a Baby Taylor and it is just incredible how much body the sound has coming out of so little body.

:cool01:
Hi guys, 
I got a nice surprise on Halloween!!
A used "Samick " brand stratocaster.

Attachments

• 20201031_173143.jpg
    20201031_173143.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 31
The stratocaster was given to me by my nephew Thomas.  I can start learning.
It has an Alder body birdseye Maple neck and Ebony fretboard.

Back