Custom Jazzmaster Build...Photos Included

xclusiveimage

Hi all. I'm new here. I make music and decided to build a new guitar to use live and in the studio. This is my second Warmoth build. First time painting a guitar body, and first time with a chambered body. It's crazy light (haven't weighed it yet) and extremely comfortable to hold & play, whether you're standing, sitting, or rockin' :headbang:, which is why I'm sticking with chambered bodies from now on. I play live a fair amount when it's not pandemic out, so I like the idea of less weight on me on-stage. I'm always blown away by the good folks at Warmoth :yourock: . I configured and paid for the body and neck on 5/7, and even with a closure due to the pandemic, I received my custom body, neck, and the other stuff in almost exactly 4 weeks (ordered 5/7, received 6/10). That's impressive in my opinion :hello2: Everything showed up in perfect condition, and with all the correct stuff. I started working on it Friday, 6/12 and finished it Monday, 6/15. I painted the body with automotive spray paint that I had mixed and put into spray cans. I did primer, white base, blue pearl midcoat, 2k Satin clear. To shoot it, I built a spray booth in my garage out of an EZ-Up, plastic sheeting, and of course....duct tape. Simple but extremely effective. It even had power for additional lighting. I'll be using this method moving forward. Happy is an understatement with how this thing turned out.

Here's a rundown on how I configured the body/neck - for those who are interested:

BODY
Model: Chambered Jazzmaster®
Orientation: Right handed
Scale: 25-1/2"
Wood: Alder on Alder
Rout: Top Rout
Pickups: SD P90 & SD Invader SH-8B Humbucker
Controls: Dedicated volume for each pup. No tone pot. 3 way Gibson toggle so I can shred like Tom Morello :guitarplayer2:
Knobs: Black knobs. They get the job done. I like the Warmoth ones - they're weighted properly.
Bridge: Recessed TOM-Angled Strings
Jack Rout: Strat® Top Jack Rout
Neck Pocket: Strat® Shape
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Pickguard: White Pearl
Finish: Pure white basecoat with House of Kolor blue pearls midcoat. Satin clearcoat buffed with #0000 steel wool

NECK
Style: Jazzmaster®
Construction: Modern Construction
Orientation: Right Handed Reverse
Neck Wood: Goncalo Alves
Fingerboard Wood: Ebony (Black)
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: SS6150 (Stainless)
Tuners: Grover 505BC6 Locking Rotomatics
String Nut: Fender LSR
Radius: 9.5-14" Compound
Scale: 25-1/2"
Fret #: 22
Fretboard Inlays: Bloody Basin Jasper Dots
Side Dots: Moon Glow Side Dots (3mm)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_2199.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 132
  • 574ACB88-1717-4F3F-BCAF-52E72D4C64DF.jpg
    574ACB88-1717-4F3F-BCAF-52E72D4C64DF.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 419
  • 61595185-F1BB-4987-BD92-8D91F5848779.jpg
    61595185-F1BB-4987-BD92-8D91F5848779.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2267.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2248.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2223.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2219.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2211.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2203.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
She's a good lookin' gal, to be sure.  Thanks for sharing photos!  We live for 'em.  Do my eyes deceive me, or are there no string ferrules on the backside?  I reckon they're not 100 percent necessary, but it seems a little unfinished without.

Looking good! Black and white with the pearl PG is a good combo for it.

Bagman67 said:
She's a good lookin' gal, to be sure.  Thanks for sharing photos!  We live for 'em.  Do my eyes deceive me, or are there no string ferrules on the backside?  I reckon they're not 100 percent necessary, but it seems a little unfinished without.

Thanks Bagman! Yep, I did ferrules front and back. Here's that photo :glasses10:

Attachments

• IMG_2254.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Love your guitar. Glad to know how fast everything shipped! Looks great. Would love sounds with both pickups on!

loquendo89 said:
Love your guitar. Glad to know how fast everything shipped! Looks great. Would love sounds with both pickups on!

Thanks Loquendo! I'll see if I can carve out some time to post some audio. My P90 & SD Intruder SH-8B sound AMAZING running through my AXE-FXIII. I will say the stories about P90's being noisy are true....though It's not nearly as bad as many people say. No issues with it during playback in the context of the mix. I recommend both PUPs if you're considering either one.

Tommy

Back