Current Warmoth lead times?

Ordered a showcase body on August 12 that only needed a finish.  It arrived Sept. 22 (New York).  That's ~ 6 weeks, slightly longer than the published lead time of 4-5 weeks, and if you take out the 6 days in shipping, it's pretty darn close.  Definitely pleased! 

teleme01 said:
I ordered a showcase neck,  needed frets and nut,  on Sept. 13th,  recieved shipping notice on Sept. 21 and expect delivery Sept. 28 ...  thats 8 days,  15 till delivery,  wasnt expecting such promptness,  gotta hurry and order tuners  :icon_jokercolor:

That's incredible and exciting!  I can imagine the "WHAT?  ALREADY?!" panic setting in. :D

13 weeks and 2 days after placing my order I have now received my shipping notification for the body I ordered.

It's going to arrive too late to build it before my next gig but it gives me 2 weeks before the following one to carefully assemble and fettle  :toothy10:

According to the UPS website the label has been created but it's not been picked up yet it's due to be delivered on Monday 4th. Bearing in mind I am in the UK that's pretty quick unless this is a mistake. Either way it's going to be here soon  :bananaguitar:

Ordered a showcase neck on 9/20 - fretting, nut install, and tuner ream adjust (it's roasted maple, so no finish).  Shipped 9/27.  That's only 5 business days, right on for "In Stock Body or Neck" without the adjustment for sustained high volume.  Thrilled again!

I'm living vicariously through all of you as I wait for my order. lol I'm predicting another 1 1/2 to 2 months left. I already have one warmoth build that's fantastic, but you know...next shiny object.  :icon_biggrin:

Placed my order today for a custom unfinished body. Not sure how long it will take but I need time to get tools and materials, and learn some of the techniques I will need to do the finish.  A bit of a wait is probably a blessing in my case.

EDIT:  I got an email today that estimated delivery at around 7 weeks for an unfinished custom order body. No concerns with that. Like I said, I can use the time to get things ready.

My order of a finished strat body with flame maple top and binding + a roasted flamed neck shipped yesterday. Right about 12 weeks

Received shipping notification today!  :turtle:

Custom body and neck.  No finish.  Ordered 8/31.  One day short of 7 weeks.  Right in the middle of Warmoth's guestimate. (4-5 wks + 2-4 wks pandemic delay)

FWIW:  Roasted ash tele body.  Roasted maple neck.  Can't wait to begin.

Just an FYI,

in July '21, I ordered a finished body with bridge stud inserts, finished neck, custom pick guard and a load of parts (bridge, pickups, plates etc) and got the shipping notice exactly 13 weeks after order was placed.

My initial order from end of April took three months.  But they buffed through the finish and removed some of the paint.  I sent it back immediately end of July into August.  I thought my repair would have been given priority, but apparently I was simply placed at the end of the queue because it took another 2.5 months to have it fixed.  Got it mid October.  So 5.5 months later I have my plain white alder body.

Attachments

• IMG_3967.JPG
    IMG_3967.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 130
I'm following this thread to help deal with impatience / anticipation, seems lately orders for unfinished bodies & / or necks are running 7 weeks / 50 days from order to ship notification. A few seem to have come through quicker (one said 42 days, and when I did the math it came out to 50).

The rosewood > mahogany build I ordered Mar 16 took 9 weeks to arrive. Hopefully this time the wait is shorter.

Maybe I'll see my maple neck & soloist body ship in another couple of weeks, yes I'm feeling on tenterhooks dammit!

I'm at around 6 weeks right now for two necks, though one was pretty custom (requiring special note to CS rather than just straight off the builder).

If they arrive by T-giving, sweet, but if not, by X-mas will be fine too.

Of course, I am visiting the Seattle area in a few weeks. Maybe I can just swing by the factory and pick them up off the line.

Warmoth: "Hahaha, yeah, no."
Me: :(

I ordered an in-stock neck and in-stock unfinished tele body on 8/29.  The body is being painted.  I contacted Warmoth last week and was told it is in the paint department.  The neck is done. I was also told bodies requiring paint are taking around 12 weeks, which is a bummer.  I kind of wish I had ordered from Stew Mac at this point. It wouldn’t be exactly the same, but it would be done.  This was supposed to be a fun weekend project early this fall with my kid, but the excessive wait has taken some of the fun out of it.

Ordered a custom neck with no finish on 9/7/2021. It’s been 8 weeks and still (im)patiently waiting.

NedRyerson said:
I'm at around 6 weeks right now for two necks, though one was pretty custom (requiring special note to CS rather than just straight off the builder).

If they arrive by T-giving, sweet, but if not, by X-mas will be fine too.

Of course, I am visiting the Seattle area in a few weeks. Maybe I can just swing by the factory and pick them up off the line.

Warmoth: "Hahaha, yeah, no."
Me: :(

SHIPPING NOTICE RECEIVED!!!!!!

7 weeks + 1 day from order to departure.  Now comes waiting for UPS.

NedRyerson said:
NedRyerson said:

SHIPPING NOTICE RECEIVED!!!!!!

7 weeks + 1 day from order to departure.  Now comes waiting for UPS.

With thanks to the goddess!
Subject: Warmoth Custom Guitar & Bass Products: Shipment # 100006865 for Order # 67xx

That's 6 weeks + 2 days from order to ship notice, unfinished neck & quilt maple soloist body

The quilt top image below.

Attachments

• GLT1079.jpg
    GLT1079.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
Mayfly said:
wow cool.  Whatcha got planned for that one?  :headbang:

I'm not 100% on the color scheme. I'll be doing it with Tung oil and pigments again. My top contender right now is a rainbow burst.

Sadie-f said:
Mayfly said:
wow cool.  Whatcha got planned for that one?  :headbang:

I'm not 100% on the color scheme. I'll be doing it with Tung oil and pigments again. My top contender right now is a rainbow burst.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ytl38FQ_2S0[/youtube]

Circadian said:
Ordered a custom neck with no finish on 9/7/2021. It’s been 8 weeks and still (im)patiently waiting.

Hallelujah! After 8 weeks and 3 days my neck is on the way! I had guessed around 8 weeks so I wasn’t too far off.

• Standard Thin
  • Modern Tiltback
  • Purpleheart Shaft Wood
  • Indian Rosewood Fretboard
  • 1-11/16" Nut
  • 10" - 16" Compound Radius
  • 22 Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets
  • Mother Of Pearl Inlay Dots
  • Strat Heel

This will go on a mahogany body with a Purpleheart drop top which I should be done making by the time UPS delivers the neck!

Back