Current Warmoth lead times?

I ordered a custom unfinished roasted maple Strat neck on June 18th and received a shipping notice on Wednesday 7/28.  Turnaround time of 5.5 weeks.  Pretty much right in their posted time frame...Thought it might be helpful to those wondering here.

I placed an order for  a chambered Strat body and roasted maple neck, both unfinished, on Saturday, July 10th.  The order was shipped Friday, August 20th.  5 weeks , 6 days.  :blob7: :hello2:

Update on my second order. Sitting at 115 days (16 and a half weeks) and still waiting.

I think anyone currently getting paint should be looking at twice the lead time to normal. (8 to 16 weeks). I ordered the two guitars about 1 month apart, and they've both been more than 16 weeks.

seems like 5-6 weeks for unfinished, (Which is only about 1 or 2 weeks past normal.) and anything getting paint is gonna be back logged about 2 and a half months. Ooph. Fine with me though, nothing like a custom build. Just sitting on splinters waiting.

Edit: YOOOOO it just shipped. HYPEHYPE

I thought I would carry on this thread.
Roasted Jazz Bass Neck, 17.5mm tuner holes, no finish no binding just black dots.
Chambered Roasted Ash P-Bass body, contoured heel, no finish. No extras.
Black pick-guard.
Order started process on 1st July 2021...9 weeks so far.

I must have gotten lucky.  I placed an order for an unfinished neck with no binding on 7/25, it shipped on 9/1.  I had expected it to take at least eight weeks. 

I just got shipping notification yesterday on my order that was placed on July 20, 2021

It is a custom neck - Bloodwood Shaft Ebony board - Straight 12" radius - boatneck with a 1.75" nut width -
SS 6100 frets - Black Graphtech tusq nut
And a somewhat custom body but fairly typical. Mahogany Strat - Solid - rear route.
No finish on either neck or body. Oh, and a bag of hardware.

So that's 42 days or 1 month and 11 days ...... or approx. 6 weeks.

Handy online calculator: - How many days between then and now.
https://planetcalc.com/274/

I won't be getting at it very quickly but might be able to grain fill here and there, taking my time.
I have 3 other odd projects going on now that probably should be taken care of first.
I'll do a build thread with lots of photos when it gets interesting.

NTF said:
Roasted Jazz Bass Neck, 17.5mm tuner holes, no finish no binding just black dots.
Black pick-guard.

.....Week 10  :sad1:

NTF said:
NTF said:
Black pick-guard.

I really did not want to email Warmoth, but i did last night........ Anxiety of waiting beat me....

"Please can you give me an update on my order, I calculate we are into the 10th week.
Is there anything holding the order up?
Best regards"

"Hello,
Your order is almost ready.  It should be to our final QC in the next day or so and ship the day after that.  We’ll send tracking when it leaves.
Thank you for being a Warmoth customer and let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
Best Regards,
Jeff Bridges

....Glad I did. Hopefully arriving very soon
  :eek:ccasion14:

NTF said:
NTF said:
NTF said:
Black pick-guard.

I really did not want to email Warmoth, but i did last night........ Anxiety of waiting beat me....

"Please can you give me an update on my order, I calculate we are into the 10th week.
Best regards"

"Hello,
Your order is almost ready.  It should be to our final QC in the next day or so and ship the day after that.  We’ll send tracking when it leaves.
Thank you for being a Warmoth customer and let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
Best Regards,
Jeff Bridges

I've had Warmoth basses in the past...Its That neck to pocket perfect push fit with slight resistants I love.

Just got a shipping notice, ordered 8/6, arriving 9/15.

It's a pretty straight forward solid unfinished black korina P Bass body, rear routed with few off the shelf hardware.

NTF said:
NTF said:
NTF said:
Black pick-guard.

Best regards"

"Hello,
Best Regards,
Jeff Bridges

I've just passed week 10 - according to the website it should be 8-10 weeks plus 2-4 weeks due to the pandemic for a custom body with a finish so I'm looking at around 6th October at the latest hopefully before my body is ready to ship.

It actually hasn't been as bad as I thought it would have been. I'm pretty impatient normally but it's allowed me the time to source the exact parts that I want plus new drill bits and countersink bits

I have also been sourcing parts over the waiting time.
Ive change my mine a few times on bridges, tuners etc and pickups.
  Looking forward to the build.
          :headbanging:

I did the same. Now I have an extra Gotoh TOM bridge and a set of nice Gotoh tuners - both in nickel. I went with Hipshot stuff instead - the tuning knobs were way way lighter and locking pegs. The hipshot bridge looks a little cooler, has a magnetic stop-bar, and the screws for changing the saddle position are offset so you can move them with the strings on easily. Probably not really worth buying a new one but I did anyway lol.

I guess I should probably throw the extra stuff on reverb. The next guitar I build will be in chrome anyway haha.  :laughing3:

My personal countdown begins anew.  I just ordered two necks, one pretty straightforward from the builder, one with a custom option that I had to put in the Special Instructions section.  I expect that bit will delay my order.

But that's okay, because 6-10 weeks +/- additional delays due to customization and who-knows-what-else would put me right around Thanksgiving at the earliest, X-mas at the latest, which would be perfect for the travels to our country house where my workshop is anyway. :)

Got my shipping notification this morning. Ordered a custom build neck and painted custom build body exactly 3 months ago, which is 13 weeks and 1 day.
Very nice!  :turtle:

NTF said:
NTF said:
NTF said:
Black pick-guard.

Best regards"

"Hello,
Best Regards,
Jeff Bridges

WEEK 11    :confused4:  :dontknow:

I placed an order on August 5 for a showcase body with no-additional routing and a transparent finish. I just received shipping notification today (September 16) so that's right about 6 weeks. That's on the better side of what is currently posted: In Stock Body or Neck with paint/finish - 4-5 weeks + Orders will take 2-4 weeks longer than published lead times.

A Musikraft neck I ordered for this project the same day is still probably 6 weeks out. So that gives me some time to starting collecting the parts I'll need.

NTF said:
NTF said:
NTF said:
NTF said:
Black pick-guard.

Best regards"

"Hello,
Best Regards,
Jeff Bridges

WEEK 11    :confused4:  :dontknow:

Shipped today, so 11 weeks 4 days. UPS to the UK has taken about 2 to 3 days in the past if custom charges paid straight away.
    :turtle: :hello2:

I ordered a showcase neck,  needed frets and nut,  on Sept. 13th,  recieved shipping notice on Sept. 21 and expect delivery Sept. 28 ...  thats 8 days,  15 till delivery,  wasnt expecting such promptness,  gotta hurry and order tuners  :icon_jokercolor:

Back