Current Warmoth lead times?

Placed my order for custom build finished body and showcase neck on April 6th, just got the shipping notification today? Can't get here to Atlantic Canada soon enough.

justsomeguy1 said:
Placed my order for custom build finished body and showcase neck on April 6th, just got the shipping notification today? Can't get here to Atlantic Canada soon enough.

Awesome!  :headbanging:

Just as a heads up though Canadian import taxes are going to hit you pretty hard. Take this with a grain of salt, since I'm from US, but UPS will pass the import tax to the customer on the other end. So they may require you to pay them before completing the delivery,

Placed my order March 20, custom finished  s-shape body, showcase neck and some bits and pieces.  Received in Atlantic Canada, July 2.  Duty came out pretty close to local tax rate for an equivalent $$ purchase, so not a big deal.

Now waiting for pickups, ordered May 1, expected delivery Aug 22. 
Tuners and some other odds n sods from StewMac, any day now.  :dontknow:

I'm learning patience...

Received 9 July 2021:
Strat neck, only thing "extra" if you consider it so is a Pau Ferro fretboard.

Took approximately 7 1/2 weeks.

How long should it take for an unfinished body and a finished neck along with pickups and a bridge to ship? Tomorrow marks 7 weeks.

On a side note- how often have you guys emailed to check on the status of your orders? What do you think is acceptable and what is just plain, impatient nagging? In my 16 week wait period, I’ve only inquired twice (pretty much every two months), but each time I did, I just felt like I was being a bother. Is that just me?

captainsmooth said:
On a side note- how often have you guys emailed to check on the status of your orders? What do you think is acceptable and what is just plain, impatient nagging? In my 16 week wait period, I’ve only inquired twice (pretty much every two months), but each time I did, I just felt like I was being a bother. Is that just me?
Given the current 12-week lead time (for finished bodies), I might email at 16 weeks or more. Because it's really unlikely they lost your order, and you know they want to get it out ASAP.  So contacting them doesn't really do anything useful. I've only had one guitar-related vendor out of several this year who missed the lead time by a factor of 2, and yeah that's where harassing emails/calls are in order because that's just dishonest. But Warmoth's lead times seem fair, honest, and reasonable.

FWIW, I just received a finished body after a 10 week wait.  I was satisfied with that, being less than 12.

Finished bass body (J bass 5 deluxe, gloss black) and neck (maple satin, MOP block inlays, binding).  Ordered Sunday, April 25th.  Shipping noticed received last night (July 12th).  Due to be delivered this Friday, July 16th.  Just under 12 weeks at 82 days on Friday.  Second Warmoth build in 30 years, baby sister to my fretless.

Hang in there.

PT

So that’s why I inquired around 8-10 weeks first. I know they said 10-12 originally (now 14-16) but I was seeing people with orders similar to mine, who ordered after me, start receiving items. I just wanted to make sure mine didn’t hit a production snag and get moved back to step one (as has happened to others in this thread). At 16 weeks this week, I thought it was appropriate to check in again. For instance- I ordered my neck the next day after you did (Monday) with flame maple, Ebony board w/ gold blocks and cream binding, finished- but still haven’t gotten a shipping notice. I’m hoping maybe they were just hanging on in order to try and time my body (ordered March 22nd) to be done about the same time as my neck. I ordered them separately, but it wouldn’t bother me at all. I just hate being a nag, so I didn’t know if anyone else ever felt bad about about sending for a status update. I’m sure these guys are tired of answering them all day lol.

new here, but i was wondering how long others waited for an order like mine. unfinished alder body, and a custom roasted maple neck. no finish on either, and then some bits and pieces. i ordered my stuff on june 13, so i’m into the 4th week, but i wanna see how long it took for custom spec unfinished stuff to ship?

captainsmooth said:
So that’s why I inquired around 8-10 weeks first. I know they said 10-12 originally (now 14-16) but I was seeing people with orders similar to mine, who ordered after me, start receiving items. I just wanted to make sure mine didn’t hit a production snag and get moved back to step one (as has happened to others in this thread). At 16 weeks this week, I thought it was appropriate to check in again. For instance- I ordered my neck the next day after you did (Monday) with flame maple, Ebony board w/ gold blocks and cream binding, finished- but still haven’t gotten a shipping notice. I’m hoping maybe they were just hanging on in order to try and time my body (ordered March 22nd) to be done about the same time as my neck. I ordered them separately, but it wouldn’t bother me at all. I just hate being a nag, so I didn’t know if anyone else ever felt bad about about sending for a status update. I’m sure these guys are tired of answering them all day lol.

My guess is that my order was pretty vanilla.  No special features, upgraded materials, or figured woods.  Those are more steps to go through when it comes to quality control.  They do wait to send everything to you at one time, I think.

Actually I think they’re very explicit about the fact that they won’t hold onto items that are ordered separately. As I ordered them a few weeks apart, and paid separate shipping fees, I’d assume they expected them to ship at different times. But again, it would be serendipitous if they happened to arrive at the same time.

captainsmooth said:

No shipping notification so officially on my 118th day. if they don't ship tomorrow I will be at 121 days or 17 weeks since my order. I totally get you, and I am  sad that I'm starting to push my 5th month since the order was placed but there isn't anything we can do about it. I have inquired and they told me that they only know when the guitar goes between departments. Mine is with paint, that was 6 weeks ago when I asked and who knows how long it was there before I asked. The paint depo is SUPER backed up apparently. I know Aaron mentioned this before.

Obviously, I don't want them to rush, I want everyone's guitar to come out great but.... I am feeling a little selfish at this point. When the site said 8-10 weeks, I was expecting 12. Was absolutely not expecting 17 weeks lol. Not much would have changed though, still would have bought it but my expectations would have been tempered.

Maybe they should update their lead times on the new site to 14-18 weeks. :toothy12:

Fun Update!
Got a shipping notification today. Thought it might be for the body I ordered March 22. Nope, it’s for the neck I ordered on April 28th lol. So for those waiting, a roasted maple neck with ebony fretboard, binding, block inlays, and gloss coat took about 11 weeks. That’s right on with their estimate when ordering the neck, which I’m super impressed with. As far as the body… well… that’s an ongoing adventure. But hey, the day’s not over on the West Coast! 

captainsmooth said:
Fun Update!
Got a shipping notification today. Thought it might be for the body I ordered March 22. Nope, it’s for the neck I ordered on April 28th lol. So for those waiting, a roasted maple neck with ebony fretboard, binding, block inlays, and gloss coat took about 11 weeks. That’s right on with their estimate when ordering the neck, which I’m super impressed with. As far as the body… well… that’s an ongoing adventure. But hey, the day’s not over on the West Coast!

Ask and you shall, well get something at least!

I'm hoping my V gets here quick compared to the 17 week order its way simpler.

Neck: Figured ziricote on wenge VS Ebony on Maple with painted back and peg face.
Body: Bound Carved Black Korina Soloist with burst over on alder VS full mahogany V gloss white.

V was ordered about a month after the first one. Taking bets on which one arrives first lol.

I just got the email with the tracking number - it should be delivered tomorrow! Very excited to see it! Ordered a dyed green mooncaster with tortoiseshell binding on April 23rd, so a little over 13 weeks. Not really too much longer than normal I think, and a couple weeks before I was expecting it.

Back