Crushed Metal Style Finishes!

gregg, thats awesome! Love to see that on a les paul! the crushed brass looks, imo, cool on a LP! like a vintage goldtop

WAY better than the fishing lures you've been showing us!

(Well, that would only be true if we all had the same likes and dislikes).

I'll be getting the skinny on these finishes as far as availability and pricing today sometime. Oh yeah, we have to do some LP Carved tops in this stuff!!!  :cool01:

Wow! That crushed copper is exactly what I'm planning for my bari 7 string. My wife has invented a version of that that she did for our coffee tables, and it looked so cool that we decided to do the top of the guitar that way.  :headbang: that you're offerring that as an option!

But I gotta wonder - Did the person who thought this up get a bit of inspiration from James Trussart's work?

But I gotta wonder - Did the person who thought this up get a bit of inspiration from James Trussart's work?
Nope. Just a new process that we were introduced to.

OK, so we can actually offer those paint jobs but with massive disclaimers. Each one is like a snowflake so we do not know the range of their variance. They are very labor intensive and for that reason, the finish is $300 without any guarantee or possibility of return beyond standard manufacturer's warranty.

I don't mean to sound funny, but does it rust?  Or is the metal functioning like a pigment and will just fade like a regular paint?

This stuff looks like ALSAcorp crystal FX or some other ALSAcorp product... is this true?

I am painting a strat body with Alsa SpectraFX and they do look killer.

NO shielding properties, NO rust. No magnetic interference. It is PAINT, NOT metal. Looks nice, BTW.
Bill in SC

RLW said:
Any suggestions as to what settings I can change on my computer that will allow me to see Gregg's pictures?

What browser are you using?

RLW said:
CD said:
RLW said:
Any suggestions as to what settings I can change on my computer that will allow me to see Gregg's pictures?

What browser are you using?

Explorer (yes, I know...)

I don't know if that's your problem, but I'd recommend getting Firefox. After using it I can't go back to IE. :eek:ccasion14:

Back