Cracks in my new body. A problem or not?

Sorry to break it to you guys-- Warmoth uses poly toneworms. If you want the vintage stuff, gotta DIY

Best would be if they was left in the holes. More effect and power, like tequila worms  :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

That's it! I've had enough! From now on Black Korina is officially to be known as "WORMWOOD"  :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

What are we supposed to call wormwood, then???!!!  I need my Absinthe!

those arent cracks
rather imperfections on the wood, in area that otherwise cannot be sealed and it would make it difiicult to guaranteet hose nots not to fall out of weak sections in the wood figure

i recomend taking a dremmel, and dremel,ing out what u dont like, and then using a high desity wood filler and push it in, kneading it....then try and match the wood with stains in parts, use a q tip and dissolved stain, highly disolved

this happns all the time on these bodies, usually if it a gibson, they use epoxy that is color matched with pigment like color matching paint

lways happend!!

confederatewk said:
those arent cracks
rather imperfections on the wood, in area that otherwise cannot be sealed and it would make it difiicult to guaranteet hose nots not to fall out of weak sections in the wood figure

i recomend taking a dremmel, and dremel,ing out what u dont like, and then using a high desity wood filler and push it in, kneading it....then try and match the wood with stains in parts, use a q tip and dissolved stain, highly disolved

this happns all the time on these bodies, usually if it a gibson, they use epoxy that is color matched with pigment like color matching paint

lways happend!!

wood filler? absolutely not. that will ruin a perfectly nice guitar. wood filler (the stuff you describe) cant handle stains and laquer so much, and thus you will get VERY ugly spots in your finish. You'd rather have real wood filling, like you have here. I'd say, leave it like this, and just:  :rock-on:

WORMOTH !!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :redflag:

judicious use of wood filler, in my experience would flatten it out, and not mar the beauty.  Of course, the flip side is to just leave it as, use a clear gloss or tru-oil and accept the cracks and wormholes as part of the charm.  Actually, in the long run, for my money, going for charm would make a more beautiful guitar.  It'll look really cool.

Back