Bo 6 red.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 312
  • Bo 7 red.jpg
    Bo 7 red.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 394
  • Bo 8 red.jpg
    Bo 8 red.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 365
Cannot deny how unique it is. Would love to hear it when it's completed.

Well, that's not something you see every day! I like it. It should be a killer when done.

I bought the body from the showroom.  It was one of the ones they did in that special run of crackle bodies they did (I think there's one crackle strat body that's still there, the rest are gone).  But I didn't buy it until I had gone back and forth with Warmoth about having a neck done to match. 

So when the body arrived, I already knew what it was going to look like.  (Even so, it took my breath away -- the pictures don't do it justice.)  But I hadn't seen the neck, so that was all new to me when I opened the box.  That streak down that back that looks like lightning or flaming barbed wire especially was unexpected.

ct0LnRi.png

Crackle NECK?!?!?! Yo that is so amozing I haven't candyflipped this hard since I got adult circumcised. I must retire to my phrontistery for I have grown weary from exposure to this  artefact from beyond the Gods.

I had to look up "phrontistery" -- it's a highly uncommon word (my spell-check doesn't even know what to do with it).  Well done!

Love it when people go all out and really follow through with an idea. Warmoth have really looked after you with that neck.

Also, that's a nice weight for a JB.

Fat Pete said:
Love it when people go all out and really follow through with an idea. Warmoth have really looked after you with that neck.

Also, that's a nice weight for a JB.
Yes and yes.  Brian was my intermediary, and he did his due diligence to take care of me with every detail, and there were many. 

Actually my first choice was a green crackle P bass body, but a 6 pound starting weight was just more than I wanted to deal with.

stratamania said:
Very unique. Especially with three pickups :icon_thumright:
The sound is going to be as mindblowing as the appearance.  I will have full manual control, plus five additional voicings in stereo.  Details to follow.

Pictures, will do.  Sound clips... I have to figure out how to record on my computer first.

Back