Countered heel screws

gouzos

Does anyone know if these screws: S8  Neck Screws, Set of 4 (2 Long + 2 Short) for Contoured Heel, Stainless Steel, Black from the Warmoth site

are absolutely safe for use with the countered heel body?

Also, on which positions do the short ones go? (I know, not a very smart question, but I can't really tell)

gouzos said:
Does anyone know if these screws: S8  Neck Screws, Set of 4 (2 Long + 2 Short) for Contoured Heel, Stainless Steel, Black from the Warmoth site

are absolutely safe for use with the countered heel body?

Also, on which positions do the short ones go? (I know, not a very smart question, but I can't really tell)

you just have a look at the guitarbody and neck, and you just see were there body/neck connection is at its slimmest.

Well, the neck plate area tapers in both directions. So the innermost one toward the body obviously is a long one. The opposite one, the outermost one, is a short one.
I'm not sure between the other two.

Alfang, I figured that out for myself. I also figured out to use the shortest screw for the most shallow hole.
However, I end up with 2 holes left that are basically of the same depth and a long and a short screw.

Take the neck off, put the bolts through the heel in both possible configurations, and see how far the bolts stick out?

Back