Control cover template

Philours

Hi all!
I am building out of a Velocity body and I would like to create a white control cover (as the delivered one is black).
I was wondering if there is some place to find a vector template for this part.
Thanks in advance!

It is unlikely anyone has one for this part.

As you have the part it should be a straightforward to create a template to either rout a new cover or put one together in a vector type program.

Check with DangerousR6 he may have a drawing. He made a control cavity cover for my rear routed Warmoth Tele body that fits perfectly.

Philours said:
Hi all!
I am building out of a Velocity body and I would like to create a white control cover (as the delivered one is black).
I was wondering if there is some place to find a vector template for this part.
Thanks in advance!

Seems to be using the same cover as most rear-routed Warmoth bodies.
I am not willing to share the vector template I did to make my wood covers, but all you need to do your own is to scan your plastic cover with a basic paper document scanner.
As long as the scanner is accurate (i.e. DPI set properly on the image) you will be able to then trace it in a free tool like Inkscape.

I'll see if I still have the scan of that cover somewhere though.

Attached. If you import in Inkscape it should already be true to size; well... assuming the forum isn't massaging JPG attachments in any way.
Back face down, because that's kind of what you want to position the holes correctly prior to counter sinking.

Shameless plug if you want to consider a wood cover: https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=33250.0

Attachments

• Image (25).jpg
    Image (25).jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 91
DrSeb said:
Attached.
Shameless plug if you want to consider a wood cover: https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=33250.0

@drseb, that's a handy thing, I'm inspired to take it and put together a drawing for laser cut color plexiglass covers as an alt control cover (side benefit of showcasing my rat's nest approach to wire routing ;-) ).

Also, @seb's covers are awesome, here's mine, not mounted 4 now because I'm still fettling that wiring rat's nest.

Attachments

• 16330936560190.jpg
    16330936560190.jpg
    622.3 KB · Views: 87
Back