configuration of holes for vol + tone pots: Can we specify?

dg27

Forgive me if this has been covered or if this is not the right place to ask this question.

I have done mods on several basses, but never had a custom-built body. Today I ordered a Custom T body that will have two volume knobs plus a DPDT tone.

Can I specify how I want the holes drilled? I was looking at the gallery and see that the pot holes are configured in a variety of ways by Warmoth Custom T owners.

I am having Pickguardian create a pickguard that looks like a '69 Thinline Tele. I'd like the holes configured almost as on a Jazz bass.

dg

Best to drill them yourself, I wanted mine to have a classic tele layout without a switch

The chrome plate is just decorative
P1010013.jpg

dg27 said:
Today I ordered a Custom T body that will have two volume knobs plus a DPDT tone.

Can I specify how I want the holes drilled? I was looking at the gallery and see that the pot holes are configured in a variety of ways by Warmoth Custom T owners.

I can't tell from what you say if you ordered holes or not. If you did not, there won't be any.

As Chubs pointed out, if you don't like the standard locations, you're can always drill them yourself. It's not difficult. But, if I were you, I'd see what I could do about getting some brad point or Forstner bits to do it, ideally the latter. They drill very clean holes, while twist drills have a distressing tendency to splinter wood and chip finishes. Also, when you drill, contrary to instinct, you want to drill from the beauty (finished) side. The exit side of the hole always gets more damage. Some guys even put tape over the hole location before drilling, but in my experience that mainly just gives you something to write on if you want to mark a centerpoint. Doesn't do much to protect anything.

I ordered with a rout for V-V-T, but I'm not clear on whether holes are automatic. I sent them an email asking, since they won't even see the order till tomorrow. I'd let the tech handle it if they won't. Thanks.

Back