COMPLETED!!! Warmoth Z Metal build(56K Warning)

stubhead said:
Man, those Z's are tempting... they seem to be breeding more rapidly, lately? What's with the inlay on the back of the neck? Did you get graphite bars or something installed?

What do you mean...? The warmoth logo? The neck is just a standard 22 fret pro neck. It's my first warmoth so I didn't know it was in any way unique.

The Warmoth logo is burned/pressed in at the heel. I think he's talking about what looks like an insert, sorta like a "skunk strip" along the back of the neck, although it's wider. That's not typical of a Warmoth Pro neck.

IMG_4346.jpg

Edit: Never mind. That's a Warmoth tilt-back head. Apparently, the Pro versions of those are done a little differently.

Here is exactly what was ordered for the neck

Warmoth, Warmoth Pro Angled, Right Handed Handed, Mahogany, Ebony Fretboard, 1 11/16" Nut Width, Standard thin, 6105, Planet Waves(13/32") Tuner Ream, 22 frets, 10-16" Compound Radius, No Inlay,Side Dots Only Inlay, GraphTech Black TUSQ XL, 25-1/2 in. Scale, Standard 4 Bolt

I'm pretty sure what you are looking at is just a three piece neck. Thats all.

Well I guess the scarf joint tecnically makes it four.

that looks great.  I love the color.  My 1st attempted guitar was an LP that I dyed that color.  Turned green withthe nitro application.  I still have not figired out what I did wrong.

I am sure yours will work out great!!!

BTW...mahogany does not like water based dyes...you will need multiple coats.  I have used as many as 5!!!

Well I thnk the mahogany took the dye pretty well.

Does nitro usually yellow right away? I've got a quart of it and I hope it is 100% clear!

So, I ordered ebony timbermate from stewmac May 11th. I just got an email saying the following:
This message is to update you on the status of the following item you ordered from us on 5/11/2011:

5035-E  Timbermate Ebony Wood Filler 8 Oz      Qty: 1

We now expect this item to be available the third week of June.  We will send you another email to let you know the exact date your order left our warehouse.

If you have any questions, please contact us.  We will be glad to help.

Best regards,
Jayme Arnett
Customer Service Manager for Stewart-MacDonald
1-800-848-2273 (U.S. and Canada)
Fax: 740-593-7922
www.stewmac.com

When I first ordered there was a 1-2 week delay. I watched it every day and saw about 4 days ago it was at '2-3 days'. Then yesterday back up to 1-2 weeks and now this morning its at 2-3 weeks... This is getting unbearable. I only have good weather for so long to do this in here in upstate new york. By the time I get the timbermate I'll be wrapping presents for christmast.  :tard:

If you check your pockets and don't find your keys, do you stop looking? Google is your friend. A search for Timbermate wood filler returns 27,800 results. StewMac is a great supplier, and I use/recommend them a lot. But, they're not the only supplier.

If you must use Timbermate and can't find ebony, then if nothing else, buy some natural color and add some black dye to it. Or, find a different brand. But, don't twiddle your thumbs while some supplier tries to decide when they need to restock a particular product. Your future fiddle is sitting there just rotting... <grin>

Hey, Synthetic - I'm finally getting to the post office today to send my leftover Timbermate to you.  Call off the search.

Bagman

bagman67 said:
Hey, Synthetic - I'm finally getting to the post office today to send my leftover Timbermate to you.  Call off the search.

Bagman

You are the MAN!

Cagey: You're right... 27,800 results. A SHOPPING search of Timbermate Wood Filler Ebony returns 10 results. 6 of which are Stewmac, 4 are RUSTIC ebony, and finally one that is actually Rosewood. Therefor leaving me with 0 suppliers aside from Stewmac so I'm left back at square 1. I'm afraid of screwing something up if I try to dye plain wood filler myself.

Syntheticocean said:
So, I ordered ebony timbermate from stewmac May 11th. I just got an email saying the following:
This message is to update you on the status of the following item you ordered from us on 5/11/2011:

5035-E  Timbermate Ebony Wood Filler 8 Oz       Qty: 1

We now expect this item to be available the third week of June.  We will send you another email to let you know the exact date your order left our warehouse.

If you have any questions, please contact us.  We will be glad to help.

Best regards,
Jayme Arnett
Customer Service Manager for Stewart-MacDonald
1-800-848-2273 (U.S. and Canada)
Fax: 740-593-7922
www.stewmac.com

When I first ordered there was a 1-2 week delay. I watched it every day and saw about 4 days ago it was at '2-3 days'. Then yesterday back up to 1-2 weeks and now this morning its at 2-3 weeks... This is getting unbearable. I only have good weather for so long to do this in here in upstate new york. By the time I get the timbermate I'll be wrapping presents for christmast.  :tard:

Hey where are you in upstate NY?

Stating the obvious here, but that dye job is amazing  :headbang:
Looking forward to more pics!

kruneh said:
Stating the obvious here, but that dye job is amazing  :headbang:
Looking forward to more pics!

Hahaha thanks a million. It's my first dye job and was much easier than I thought. I can't wait to put it all together.

Alrighty ladies and gents. just did a washcoat of nitro. Still waiting on grain filler but this guitar is looking absolutely amazing.

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

Absolutely amazing indeed!  What color hardware/pickups on this?  I'm thinking some gold PAFs or other metal covered pickups would look positively drool worthy.

:kewlpics:

ihavenothingprofoundtosay said:
Absolutely amazing indeed!  What color hardware/pickups on this?  I'm thinking some gold PAFs or other metal covered pickups would look positively drool worthy.

:kewlpics:

All black hardware, the pickups are going to be the new EMG JH models. they look awesome...

http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/354/148/1

Back