COMPLETED!!! Warmoth Z Metal build(56K Warning)

Alright guys, I'm off to work. These are the pics I'm about to submit for GotM!!! Please vote for me!!!

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4709.jpg

and a video!!!
http://youtu.be/1Nxz3FkIJIY

Wow, looks great! Looks like a wave.  :headbang1:

And don't worry about what your tech or anyone says - one of the things about a custom guitar is it's your personal choices for every single thing, and anyone else would make some different ones, so you'll always get some "I wouldn't have done that" criticisms.

But one of the things I love about this place is I get to see so many absolutely beautiful guitars that started out with choices I wouldn't personally have made.

The whole "pickups are toneless/flat/thin/trebly" come about because of people's expectations about what guitars "should" sound like, as defined by the tone on the radio from 1965 to 1985, or thereabouts. I like Lawrence pickups, and they are "flat" meaning they don't have a huge mid-range hump and zilcho treble, like a usual humbucker will give you. They are also "thin" if you plug them into an amp set for ordinary pickups, and can't figure out what to do with all that treble - like, turn it down on your guitar knob, and amp.... You may need that treble sometime, like if you set your guitar up to sound great in your bedroom, it's way too fat for a band.

And now appearing,

The Sludgetone Mush! Yaah!

And EMG's are like that only moreso, you've got a tremendous range of frequencies coming out, and it's scary to many people so they turn mean and defensive. At least that's my opinion.

I love it! Commented on the video, as well. Can't wait for a sound demo of it. What strings did you go with, in terms of gauge? Tuning?

Tipperman said:
I love it! Commented on the video, as well. Can't wait for a sound demo of it. What strings did you go with, in terms of gauge? Tuning?

Thanks! I had him put a set of 10-46's I had laying around on and its tuned to Eb right now. I'm afraid to put a sound clip up cause I suck so bad! I've been playing on and off for 15 years, and I play like a total beginner. Part of the reason I did this build was for some inspiration to play more.

Post a sound clip man! Anyone who says anything bad is a fool. I play terrible as well, but I still play loud as all get-out. It's all about having fun, man. Besides, as long as you like the way it sounds and the way it feels, it doesn't matter what other people say. I would love to hear you play that thing. Alternatively, you could do a soundclip or video and PM a download link. I love the hear people play, and I honestly haven't heard much EMG stuff at all. Eb is an awesome tuning. Back when I played acoustic it was all Eb.

Please let me know what you think of those JH EMG's!  I want to build a Ken Lawrence Explorer (someday) and am debating the JH or the 81/60.

I absolutely love these EMGs. Demos are starting to show up on YouTube. Go to the guitar of the month section and take a look at the guitars. There is my guitar and 3 other beautiful guitars to vote for. Don't simply vote for mine because I'll hunt you down if you don't. I still havent gathered alll your addresses so you're likely to be safe for a little while.

Back